DVDVR Message Board

ROSEANNE Reboot

Raziel

As someone who lives in rural PA and is not a Trump supporter, the show hit what is happening in my area out of the park.  The issues were all very real and what rural America is like right now.

Especially the pill and medical stuff.

There is a chasm in this country between the cities and rural America that just gets wider by the day.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Is Goodman #ALLIN or is he just collecting a paycheck?  I loved the old Roseanne and Goodman is one of my favorite actors ever.  I need him to be on his game.   Also,  is Galecki going to show up? 

He was pretty solid the first two.

Galecki is in one episode.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Is Goodman #ALLIN or is he just collecting a paycheck?  I loved the old Roseanne and Goodman is one of my favorite actors ever.  I need him to be on his game.   

He seemed to be reading off of cue cards a lot of the time. Definitely nowhere near his best work but not bad. 

I was watching this neat actor's studioesque interview series on YouTube tonight, and Goodman actually talks about Brando's clever technique for using cue cards. I wouldn't be surprised if he's trying something like that rather than memorize lines in a short time frame. 

I have my hesitations in watching the show.  Given Roseanne's a supporter of 45 in the show and real life leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  And I feel dirty adding to the ratings for this show.  But all that aside is this show worth giving it a chance?  I appreciate Sarah Gilbert spearheading this but I just don't if there's enough to convince me to watch it.

16 hours ago, Raziel said:

So it's good to see Barr waited about 30 seconds after ABC announced the renewal to jump on Twitter and turn the reboot into a potential dumpster fire.

1. Fitting, considering who her big buddy is

2. What did she say? I'm too lazy to look it up (as in, there wasn't anything on The Guardian's website), and getting this thread turned into ROSEANNE DUMPSTER FIRE THREAD is more interesting. 

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

1. Fitting, considering who her big buddy is

2. What did she say? I'm too lazy to look it up (as in, there wasn't anything on The Guardian's website), and getting this thread turned into ROSEANNE DUMPSTER FIRE THREAD is more interesting. 

Just did a mini-tweet storm claiming Dear Leader single handedly has been busting up human trafficking rings and ending sex-slavery.  Which becomes better since she was a huge Pizzagate spreader.

The only thing I've heard of Roseanne Barr in the last five to ten years is her occasionally tweeting about UFC (specifically Cody Garbrandt). I remember Ronda said she wrote in her name when she voted in the 2012 U.S. Presidential election because she was a fan of her philosophy.

Yeah, those were the simpler times.

16 hours ago, Victator said:

Goodman was a bad alcoholic and he says it has hurt his memory over the years. So he admits he relies on cards because he has lost confidence in his memory. 

I don't much care if he uses them. But I'd like it to look like he's not using them. 

On 3/29/2018 at 6:11 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

And this makes my point as to why Wanda has her job. If you need white people to be defended to the nth degree in order to convince black people "No, this is not what you're seeing", it ain't that hard to unearth some black person to do the defending. Shit, you had Kareem Abdul Jabar defending a fake ass Kathleen Cleaver in Rachel Dolezal.

You right...it pains me to say that, but...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/kareem-abdul-jabbar-dont-be-fooled-roseanne-is-tvs-anti-trump-show-1099170

• Thanks 1

Roseanne wound up over 25 million viewers with an all-time record for three day time shifted (DVR) viewers.

Interestingly, Black'Ish finished the second most watched show of the week in the 18-49 demo, and had roughly double it's average overall rating. So if Roseanne is not only going to bring it huge viewers, but also be an extraordinarily strong lead-in, you can't really blame ABC for the insta-renew (although it certainly won't do THIS well every week)

The wife and I were big fans of the original series. After the first episode we both wished they'd left it alone, the second episode was much better. I'm hoping that they leave the politics in the first episode, because that's the thing that mostly dragged it down for me. ABC has this nasty habit of letting politics get in the way of their shows.

Does anyone remember that episode of Last Man Standing where Eve wasn't sure who to vote for?

1 hour ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I don't know a single person who watched Last Man Standing.  Or at least, is willing to admit to it.

It's on Netflix, so I just watched it all over the past few months. The political diatribes got way too heavy over the last two seasons, so there's no surprise it got axed. But the family stuff was entertaining.

12 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

It's on Netflix, so I just watched it all over the past few months. The political diatribes got way too heavy over the last two seasons, so there's no surprise it got axed. But the family stuff was entertaining.

Marty is a wrestling wild man from Parts Unknown so he doesn’t count.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

For a second, I stupidly thought you guys were knocking “Last Man On Earth”. That would’ve warranted a paddling had that been the case.

Confusing Last Man Standing with Last Man On Earth? That's a paddling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1