DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2018 ANIMATED WRESTLING GIF THREAD

4 hours ago, Pete said:

tumblr_ndex2tiP4i1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

RAINMAKAAAAAA!

One of my favorite things on the planet is crazy athleticism in an unconventional package.  Rusev doesn't look like he should be able to jump over a phone book, and just vertical leaped to drop kick a 7-foot man.

3 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Except for it doesn’t hold up against other things of its time or place. 

https://sites.google.com/site/chrisharrington/mookieghana-prowrestlingstatistics/best-of-the-1980s-new-japan-dvdvr

That link just made me kind of hate NJPW World.  Say what  you want about the WWE Network, but they are constantly updating it to the point that almost every relevant WWE, WCW, and ECW match is available.  NJPW World has huge fucking holes that are kind of inexcusable.  They had the best Jr. division in the world in the early 90s, but most of it isn't on their service at all.  I've been able to find some on Ditch's site and/or YouTube, but I pay $10 every month for a service that should have it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Except for it doesn’t hold up against other things of its time or place. 

https://sites.google.com/site/chrisharrington/mookieghana-prowrestlingstatistics/best-of-the-1980s-new-japan-dvdvr

Not quite my point. Think how innovative, influential and respected it is/was among the industry and fans - it was a complete gamechanger in so many regards. Because you can watch it now and go "SPOTFEST!" is ignoring half the magic

2 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Not quite my point. Think how innovative, influential and respected it is/was among the industry and fans - it was a complete gamechanger in so many regards. Because you can watch it now and go "SPOTFEST!" is ignoring half the magic

Sure, I guess. Or you can decide it had a wildly negative influence on wrestling.