DVDVR Message Board

UFC 223: Khabib vs. Iaquinta (4/7/2018) - Brooklyn, NY (Barclays Center)

Elsalvajeloco

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

"DRIVER!  Stop the bus. Everyone clear the path.  We have business to settle. This ends tonight." 

Him not saying that and not going outside the bus was about the smartest move Khabib has ever made in his entire life.

Just now, TheVileOne said:

Him not saying that and not going outside the bus was about the smartest move Khabib has ever made in his entire life.

Maybe but the fact that Dana still hasn't fired McGregor is telling.   He will fight in the UFC again.   It'll cost him money no doubt. He's going to be sued by multiple people.  But then it'll blow over and McGregor will be back as one of their highest earning stars.  

Not to be all Bill Simmons but McGregor has entered the Tyson zone.  Look at all his defenders already.  The world is fucked. They'll pay to watch his next fight.  I think even all of us will be watching it too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I didn't really expect him to go outside,  I don't care for the "come inside" comment. What does that even mean? 

Maybe you should ask him.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Maybe but the fact that Dana still hasn't fired McGregor is telling.   He will fight in the UFC again.   It'll cost him money no doubt. He's going to be sued by multiple people.  But then it'll blow over and McGregor will be back as one of their highest earning stars.  

Not to be all Bill Simmons but McGregor has entered the Tyson zone.  Look at all his defenders already.  The world is fucked. They'll pay to watch his next fight.  I think even all of us will be watching it too.

If there aren't major consequences to this I will be very disappointed. That includes major sanctioning by governing athletic bodies. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

major sanctioning by governing athletic bodies. 

This dude walked up on Marc Goddard at an event he wasn't even a part of after jumping over the cage held by a company doesn't even work for. Nothing happened.

The only thing more baffling than that is Jake Shields ending up onstage during a UFC 196 presser. Just because you're a part of an entourage doesn't entitle you to be on the stage. You don't work for the UFC so get the fuck off the stage. Then this dude was throwing objects at another presser months later. Went unnoticed as if the shit didn't happen. It's moments like that which make me wish Toquinho held onto that submission a little bit longer.

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

This dude walked up on Marc Goddard at an event he wasn't even a part of after jumping over the cage held by a company doesn't even work for. Nothing happened.

Was that the Bellator show in Ireland?

24 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

The only thing more baffling than that is Jake Shields ending up onstage during a UFC 196 presser. Just because you're a part of an entourage doesn't entitle you to be on the stage. You don't work for the UFC so get the fuck off the stage. Then this dude was throwing objects at another presser months later. Went unnoticed as if the shit didn't happen. It's moments like that which make me wish Toquinho held onto that submission a little bit longer.

I'm still baffled by that, and I found that he received no punishments off that disgusting. It's no wonder he acts like a complete lunatic. He did that stunt and nothing happened to him. Kenny Florian said he probably thought he was invincible and nothing could touch him. 

• Like 1

Can’t really stop someone from entering an arena with a posse if they aren’t even supposed to be in the building to begin with. Although, if Dana knew Conor was in town the night before, he probably should have taken preventative measures to ensure Conor & Co. don’t storm the place and create a scene due to the Lobov/Khabib situation.

My opinion is definitely lower about Artem Lobov. Little kid going to big brother McGregor after Khabib cornered him, said "No say my name. Why you do this?" and treated him like his son. Then he went to big brother and had him play White Knight.

Hey if that Russian killer came up to me with a bunch of other Russian killers, I would be shitting my pants and say I never said anything either. I'd probably be kissing those guys shoes. But after I did that, I wouldn't go crying to big brother and make him defend my honor. 

7 minutes ago, Casey said:

That’s a lot of assumptions for someone that wasn’t there.

Is this not what happened?  There's video of the Lobov/Khabib confrontation.  Various reports are that this incident is in "retaliation" to Khabib and his crew going up to Lobov. McGregor was playing Brother Bear and defending his buddy's honor. That's the story being told in the movie. 

You're trying to frame it like Lobov begged McGregor to defend his honor. Which might have happened, sure, but you don't know, so why interject your weird baby talk scenario into this situation?