DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2018 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

7 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

It pains me to think that Rusev could end up in the Huge Missed Opportunity pile.

Rusev deserves better. The things Rusev's done with bad booking is a testament to him. Capitalize on his popularity, not punish him for it.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2018 at 2:18 PM, Victator said:

Naturally Nakamura has a female Super Saiyan play him to the ring. 

She was at PCW Ultra in January. Played Penta and Muta to the ring and RVD after the match.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Rusev deserves better. The things Rusev's done with bad booking is a testament to him. Capitalize on his popularity, not punish him for it.

I don’t see how they’re punishing him. He’s got a match with the guy the company considers their greatest of all time (or at least near the top of the list) on a show that’s very important to them. 

Punishment would be lasting less than 5 seconds in the Rumble or not being on the show at all. 

1 hour ago, Log said:

I don’t see how they’re punishing him. He’s got a match with the guy the company considers their greatest of all time (or at least near the top of the list) on a show that’s very important to them. 

Punishment would be lasting less than 5 seconds in the Rumble or not being on the show at all. 

Since they need 50 guys at least I agree not being booked would be much worse, but between getting pinned by Jinder Mahal and the fact that Taker just squashed John f'n Cena, I wouldn't see this match as an honor of any kind. He's there to be a body, not for his talent. I'd be happy to be wrong, of course.

Wrestlers need to learn that in the WWE when they book you to suck they expect you to suck.  They're paying you to suck.  If you get rad on your own it's the same thing as sucking when you're booked to be rad. They think trying hard is going into business for yourself, but then shit on you if you don't when they clearly position you to suck and get mad if you don't suck.

No unauthorized radness 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

You know, maybe leave the masks at home if you're gonna have your fucking initials on your boots.

This is just as bad as the W*ING announcer talking endlessly about Smokey Mountain when Smothers was New Jason the Terrible

• Haha 2

Dave is not a fan of Asuka's streak ending.

In the middle of discussing this week's Smackdown, Dave asked Bryan a rhetorical question of, "Why did they end Asuka's streak?" To which Bryan hypothesized the same thing that many people on /r/SquaredCircle believed, which is that Vince felt handicapped with her because he couldn't ever beat her, so he decided to just 'get it over with'.

To which, Dave replied "That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard."

He went on to hypothesize that WWE's eyes are now on a future Rousey vs Charlotte match rather than Rousey vs Asuka, but he pointed out that even if that is the plan, giving Asuka's streak to Charlotte made no sense if they were going to immediately have Charlotte lose the title the next day.

So not only has Asuka's mystique been destroyed, but Charlotte gained nothing out of it at all.

"If you want the title to mean more, Asuka should have it. She's worlds above Carmella. If you want to build up Charlotte, and have her beat Asuka's streak, then fine, do that, and keep the title on Charlotte. But they didn't do that either."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I think Dave is a fan of posting photos in the photo thread though

I am skeptical.  I think it takes about a day and a half to upload a photo if you're using Juno.

And since this is a pic thread, here's Kana/Asuka's evil clown phase.

Related image

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

You know, maybe leave the masks at home if you're gonna have your fucking initials on your boots.

This is just as bad as the W*ING announcer talking endlessly about Smokey Mountain when Smothers was New Jason the Terrible

You don't know what the initials stand for. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

As well as a fucked up Kerry Von Erich walking out with a mask on as a mystery partner, while wearing his “Kerry” robe, in his last match. 

• Haha 1