DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

So RATM is a different genre than System of a Down?  Okay..  I'm not an expert on rock music so if you say so. 

Well I know when I think of politically charged rapping over heavy metal riffs, I think of SoaD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Victator said:

Are you guys being intentionally obtuse? You know what a genre is. He is not saying one is better than the other or even equal. Just they are the same genre of music. 

They aren't

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

New Jack vs. Kid Rock. Book it.

I would pay good money to see New Jack slice Kid Rock up.

Well, now I'm bummed that we'll never get this.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Then what are they.  I await your defining of each group into obscure sub-genres. This should be fun.

I get that you're "not an expert" but nu metal isn't an obscure sub-genre. You admittedly have no idea what you're talking about and more than one person that knows better is correcting you, so I'm not sure I understand why you're digging your heels in.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure 1991 was my peak viewing year for catching all WCW shows. Black Blood, however many gimmicks Kevin Nash had that year, even Van Hammer's guitar playing rival J.T. Southern, who lasted all of about three weeks. However, I have no recollection of this molten flesh bag of fish dick utensils. The Minotaur's most noticeable flaw is that even though I'm sure this guy's standard unencumbered ring work already makes Bill Kazmaier look like a seasoned mat technician, that Beastmaster-quality custom leather arm sling has to make him even worse.

• Like 2

@MORELOCK  Someone should edit their wiki pages. 

"Rage Against the Machine has been described as rap metal, rap rock, funk metal, alternative metal, and nu metal." 

"System of a Down's music has variously been termed alternative metal, nu metal, hard rock, progressive metal, thrash metal, art rock and avant-garde metal"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FluffSnackwell said:

I'm pretty sure 1991 was my peak viewing year for catching all WCW shows. Black Blood, however many gimmicks Kevin Nash had that year, even Van Hammer's guitar playing rival J.T. Southern, who lasted all of about three weeks. However, I have no recollection of this molten flesh bag of fish dick utensils. The Minotaur's most noticeable flaw is that even though I'm sure this guy's standard unencumbered ring work already makes Bill Kazmaier look like a seasoned mat technician, that Beastmaster-quality custom leather arm sling has to make him even worse.

Minotaur and Mantuar should’ve been a team. So instead of one terrible wrestler, we get double the fun of hating something for 5 minutes. 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Minotaur and Mantuar should’ve been a team. So instead of one terrible wrestler, we get double the fun of hating something for 5 minutes. 

Mantaur was awesome because some effort actually went into the gimmick. He came out wearing a bull head and was billed being from Crete, where the minotaur lived in Greek mythology. Any asshole can come out wearing colored contacts and arm sling and call themselves Minotaur. In ring, there's no comparison. Mantaur is on Vader's level compared to Minotaur.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Mantaur was awesome because some effort actually went into the gimmick. He came out wearing a bull head and was billed being from Crete, where the minotaur lived in Greek mythology. Any asshole can come out wearing colored contacts and arm sling and call themselves Minotaur.

Fine, then you do it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Mantaur was awesome because some effort actually went into the gimmick. He came out wearing a bull head and was billed being from Crete, where the minotaur lived in Greek mythology. Any asshole can come out wearing colored contacts and arm sling and call themselves Minotaur. In ring, there's no comparison. Mantaur is on Vader's level compared to Minotaur.

Seriously.  That was my first thought. Fat guy wearing a bull's head vs dude i goofy contacts and an S&M arm band.  No contest.

• Like 2