DVDVR Message Board
RIPPA

APRIL 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

2 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I don't follow NXT weekly TV as much as I should. Is there any possible way it could be revealed and/or retconned that Bray is the puppet master of the group?

Probably not in a convincing way..   Sanity isn't really a cult and I think they work best as all members being equal. They can have a mouth piece or front man but not Bray,  I think Eric Young is perfectly fine for the role.  

• Like 1

If anything, Sanity needs more members. I'm imagining something like the Ducky Boys, kinda like the Rosebuds but with hooligans. This way, they can throw jobbers/enhancement talent at their opponents to soften them down.

As is, they're a weird elitist group with almost noble morals. I miss the old chaotic group beat downs.

I don't recall seeing EY in any of the Jarrett at Mania stuff. Was he around ? 

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

Really? With exception of Nikki Cross I see them probably falling flat after 4-6 weeks.

Eric Young has gotten and stayed over for like 15 years. Nikki Cross is an incredible performer. Killian Dane is off the charts awesome. Wolfe is just kinda there, but I have zero doubt that they can get over on the main roster if given half a chance.

Eric  Young thrived in TNA run by Russo, what can WWE do to him?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Victator said:

That is a little better in context. 

Being Bray's followers might not have big job growth, but it is a secure position. 

Every one of Bray's former followers won a match at Wrestlemania.

'm so behind on my wrestling podcasts... that I just found out Sasha attended this not know Eddie had passed away.

I can't imagine how brutal it was for her... I mean, the tribute video gets me every freakin time.

9 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Thanks UK. First Russel Brand and now the measles. Good job.

It's what you get for returning Piers Morgan to us instead of blasting him into space.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Cristobal said:

Every one of Bray's former followers won a match at Wrestlemania.

Every one of Bray's former followers won a *championship* at WrestleMania.

Measles doesn't sound too bad compared to some of things I could contract at a wrestling show.

5 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Measles doesn't sound too bad compared to some of things I could contract at a wrestling show.

This is fair.

• Like 1

Re: Sanity

They're not a cult. They're anarcho-nihilists. They don't care about anyone or anything. They just want to break down social norms and cause as much mayhem as possible. 

You saw that play out in War Games. 

Speaking of which - God bless Alexander Wolfe. I love that big ugly bastard.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Re: Sanity

They're not a cult. They're anarcho-nihilists. They don't care about anyone or anything. They just want to break down social norms and cause as much mayhem as possible. 

We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune!  We're takingturns to act as a sort of executive-officer-for-the-week-- But all the decisions *of* that officer 'ave to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting-- By a simple majority, in the case of purely internal affairs-- But by a two-thirds majority, in the case of more major--
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Sanity would be fine on the main roster with a few vignettes and an interview with Eric Young explaining their beliefs and mission in WWE. However, this is WWE, so we wouldn't get any explanation beyond Michael Cole repeatedly calling them crazy. I'm not asking for Chikara-level storytelling, but a little more than half-assed effort would be nice.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Every one of Bray's former followers won a *championship* at WrestleMania.

Orton lost tho

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Sanity would be fine on the main roster with a few vignettes and an interview with Eric Young explaining their beliefs and mission in WWE. However, this is WWE, so we wouldn't get any explanation beyond Michael Cole repeatedly calling them crazy.

This is Sanity!  They are here to have crazy fun!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune!  We're takingturns to act as a sort of executive-officer-for-the-week-- But all the decisions *of* that officer 'ave to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting-- By a simple majority, in the case of purely internal affairs-- But by a two-thirds majority, in the case of more major--

BE QUIET!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CSC said:

.... and entertain the WWE Universe.

18 minutes ago, CSC said:

They're crazy about having fun. 

Bryan and Orton don’t count, they were both undercover in the Family, not true believers. 

Wow, Bray got fooled twice the same way. 

21 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Bryan and Orton don’t count, they were both undercover in the Family, not true believers. 

Wow, Bray got fooled twice the same way. 

Bray is a shitty cult leader. 

• Like 1