DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Victator said:

The key is someone playing up what a big deal he is. That he is no mere Japanese wrestler, but a true artist and entertainment icon. Someone who could really lay it on thick. 

Yeah, but that's inherently the problem.

If you're asking for someone to lay it on thick how big a star he is, how he's a true artist and entertainment icon and not "just" a wrestler- then you suddenly get the sinking realization that if Enzo Amore didn't flame out like he did, he would have been perfect in the role.

God, all these Nakamura choices are so fucking horrible.  All they would do is get the manager over.  It's like when Cesaro picked Heyman as a mouthpiece and spent the entire time standing in the background.  Or when Dutch Mantel got more over than Jack Swagger ever did.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Victator said:

I think he also needs underlings. One a wrestling weeaboo, who gushes over everything Nakamura does good or bad and a native Japanese guy who outright hates Nakamura but as long as the checks clear, he listens. In my empty hollow head, I envision Drew Gulak and Kenta in these roles. 

I know its a running gag around here, but Robert Fuller would make a good Nakamura manager. I would take anyone but Paul Heyman who is as shitty as Brock has been this year. Same promo every week with same inflection. He did seem motivated by Joe and Braun. 

After reading all of this, I think Gulak is probably the best choice for Nak's mouthpiece.

• Like 3

Go all in and get yourself a white woman who fawns all over him as he ignores her and uses her as a shield.  There is nothing wrong with the classics.  Summer Rae would have been great for this.

The best choice for Nakamura's manager would be to find where Jamison is nowadays, and have him each week whining to Paige about how Nak should be champion. "You aren't using him correctly. Have you not seen his New Japan stuff? Of course he isn't putting in much effort when he's stuck facing the likes of Jinder every week"

• Like 3

Per Meltzer - the Saudi Arabian prince who wanted the WWE show (basically the whole reason for this deal in the first place), when originally talking to Vince said the three people who wanted on the show where "Undertaker, Ultimate Warrior and Yokozuna"

A-yup

EDIT - More fun - the reason Lawler and JR were there was because the Prince wanted "the announcer with the crown and the announcer with the black hat"

So basically the money mark is a RSPW poster

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

I am just mentioning this here for the broader point

The WWE conference call to investors is going on and they officially announced that they will go to a tiered WWE Network model

No details or anything just a "we are going to do this"