DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Re: Sanity

They're not a cult. They're anarcho-nihilists. They don't care about anyone or anything. They just want to break down social norms and cause as much mayhem as possible. 

You saw that play out in War Games. 

Speaking of which - God bless Alexander Wolfe. I love that big ugly bastard.

Nihilists! Fuck me. I mean, say what you want about the tenets of The Wyatt Family, Wyld Samurai, at least it's an ethos.

• Like 8
  • Haha 9

Obviously setting up the Taker/Cena retirement match where Cena(now embracing his dark side and taking Alexa Bliss as manager/couple) loses only for Nikki to emerge from the crowd afterwards for the save and reunion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Nikki should be drafted to Smackdown Live and her first gimmick is the destroying all  married women on the roster out of jealously.   Lana, Natalya, Naomi all destroyed.  

Given that this will be a huge deal on Total Bellas and the other 2 or 3 Bella shows right now, this may be thread worthy

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Nikki should be drafted to Smackdown Live and her first gimmick is the destroying all  married women on the roster out of jealously.   Lana, Natalya, Naomi all destroyed.  

Don't encourage Vince and Dunn's "bitches be crazy" attitudes, please.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I look forward to impending salacious gossip. I will sacrifice a bag of popcorn to the drama gods in hope that we get a full blown dumpster fire. 

You'll find out.....on the next season of Total Bellas on E!

22 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Probably not in a convincing way..   Sanity isn't really a cult and I think they work best as all members being equal. They can have a mouth piece or front man but not Bray,  I think Eric Young is perfectly fine for the role.  

Better than that, they are an INTERNATIONAL group of nihilists, we have a Scot, a German, a Canadian, and an Irishman thus far, why not stick Hideo Itami on there? It's not like KENTA has been burning down the house in the other programs they've used him in. How about Gran Metalik? Right now he's stick in the role of "generic lucha guy who isn't named Callisto".  Anything else would be an improvement for him. I like the idea of more members, why not add in Heavy Machinery? They already fit the format of being weird and crazy enough and the addition of these four gives representation to Japan, Mexico, and the USA without disrupting anything except making a mid-card tag act that had already hit their ceiling into part of something bigger. 

Bringing Bray Wyatt in as leader of the group would be a huge mistake. The charm of Sanity is that they aren't focused upon tangible, traditional goals like money, titles, etc.; yeah, if they win some stuff, that's fine, but their main purpose is just to cause havoc and leave  a trail of destruction in their wake for no particular purpose other than that's just what they do. Having Nikki inject herself physically into matches just for the hell of it should remain a central signature routine that they use.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kropotkin's Beard said:

It's what you get for returning Piers Morgan to us instead of blasting him into space.

Hopefully they never return James Corden. Though that's a double edged sword as he's popping up in movies now and is the reason I probably won't go see Ocean's 8

• Like 2

On 4/13/2018 at 3:35 PM, paintedbynumbers said:

Anyone else hear about this Blackcraft wrestling promotion? Dave Crist is in it. It's supposedly an anti god pro wrestling company.  They are running a show in Pittsburgh this summer.

Wonder if El Antichristo is still around and Chavo Jr. is still around to be his tag partner.

4 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Hopefully they never return James Corden. Though that's a double edged sword as he's popping up in movies now and is the reason I probably won't go see Ocean's 8

Whatever it is that Rihanna calls "acting" and whatever the hell a "Awkwafina" is, are my reasons for not seeing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nate said:

Whatever it is that Rihanna calls "acting" and whatever the hell a "Awkwafina" is, are my reasons for not seeing it.

Awkwafina was pretty funny in Neighbors 2.

3 hours ago, nate said:

...and whatever the hell a "Awkwafina" is, are my reasons for not seeing it.

Until I googled the word a min ago and found out he's a rapper, I was almost certain the proper spelling was "Aquafina."

I am old.

6 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Until I googled the word a min ago and found out he's a rapper, I was almost certain the proper spelling was "Aquafina."

I am old.

He's also a woman.

akwafina-oceans-8-trailer.png

Nora Lum AKA Awkwafina.

411 is all over the Gossip Mags coverage of this apparently:

According to People, the split of John Cena & Nikki Bella came just weeks before the two were to be married on May 5th in Mexico. A source told the magazine that it was Cena’s decision as he got “cold feet” as the wedding drew near. The source also stated the following…

“She never gave him an ultimatum. He talked a really good game about having changed, about having his priorities straight, about knowing what’s important, and that it was her. But as the day got closer, it was like he just went back to who he’s always been — which is someone who puts himself first, always. He’s an incredibly dedicated, driven, ambitious guy. And for the longest time he said he didn’t think he had room in his life for a spouse or kids. It seems like in the end that was still the truth. But in that case, he never should’ve proposed, let alone in front of millions of people. Now she’s heartbroken.”