DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Here's a special, special video for today:

Jason vs Jason in a casket match, featuring Tracy Smothers without visible fucking initials on his boots as New Jason the Terrible.  It's everything Undertaker vs Undertaker should have been.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Here's a special, special video for today:

Jason vs Jason in a casket match, featuring Tracy Smothers without visible fucking initials on his boots as New Jason the Terrible.  It's everything Undertaker vs Undertaker should have been.

Does it lead to an angle where New Jason is unmasked and Smothers works as Roy the Terrible Ambulance Driver? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Haha, fuck me is that legit?

I used to love this promotion back in 2005/6, is it easy to jump back in?

I do not really follow very closely but, I think it would be. If you want to know about times on there streaming service Dramatic DDT is a great resource and Voices of Wrestling has a solid amount of podcast previews/reviews for the bigger shows.

1 hour ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Wouldn't be wonderful if Rusev joined Owens and Zayn and formed a disgruntled employee stable.  Oh what SCUM could have been

I’m starting to wonder if they’re going to run with the disgruntled Rusev angle they were starting to do until they decided to put the title on Mahal instead.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I said this a few days ago but apparently Andre's height is the new Mania III attendance

Clearly none of these people watch sports since athletes heights have been worked just as long as wrestlers have

But yeah - some guy literally said to Dave "But wikipedia has it! It must be true!"

If it was just Andre, I could get it. He's damn near a mythological being.

But people are convinced Big Show, Undertaker, Kane, Nash, and Cass are all 7" and up.

2 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Anyone else hear about this Blackcraft wrestling promotion? Dave Crist is in it. It's supposedly an anti god pro wrestling company.  They are running a show in Pittsburgh this summer.

They’re a fashion/merch brand, kinda Hot Topic for ~serious adults~, who make shirts for Seth Rollins and Aleister Black already, so it’s not too surprising they’d promote some shows. (I almost expect the venture might be partnered with Rollins’ wrestling school in some capacity.)

3 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

God's career never recovered from that tag match at Backlash, did it?

God gets a bad rap for having been friends with Hogan. Just like all of us, I don't think God knew what a raicst shitbag Hogan was.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

They’re a fashion/merch brand, kinda Hot Topic for ~serious adults~, who make shirts for Seth Rollins and Aleister Black already, so it’s not too surprising they’d promote some shows. (I almost expect the venture might be partnered with Rollins’ wrestling school in some capacity.)

The company's founder is also married to Rosa Mendes and appeared on Total Divas several times so he's undoubtedly a fan.

I just googled this and the "wrestling is real, god is fake" graphic they have made me cringe, and I'm currently wearing a band shirt festooned with inverted crosses and depictions of satan.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

The company's founder is also married to Rosa Mendes and appeared on Total Divas several times so he's undoubtedly a fan.

I just googled this and the "wrestling is real, god is fake" graphic they have made me cringe, and I'm currently wearing a band shirt festooned with inverted crosses and depictions of satan.

I'm an atheist, and I think "wrestling is real, god is fake" is dumb as fuck.

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

According to Dave, the Rusev stuff is all a storyline.

A story line or a shoot turned story line?  Either way it's not going to do much for him.  He  doesn't need a "I've been held back" story.  He just needs to appear on TV and be Rusev. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

If it was just Andre, I could get it. He's damn near a mythological being.

But people are convinced Big Show, Undertaker, Kane, Nash, and Cass are all 7" and up.

Pro wrestling: Where people can wax poetic about the trick behind any number of great moves or storylines to make a wrestler look good, and yet somehow, no one has ever heard of shoe lifts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Related to Rusev - Lana was doing a Twitter Q&A last night to promote Total Divas and Rusev was tweeting her questions like “What time does your flight get in?”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I’m offended by this whole thing. 

I mean, not the god stuff or anything. Rollins having a wrestling school is what gets me. Gross. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I don't get Rusev Day. They gave him merch and a mid card push, that is its ceiling. They blew it with Rusev after the Cena feud. He is a good performer and it has kept him above water. I think WWE only keeps him and Lana because they think another company could make use of them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Log said:

I’m offended by this whole thing. 

I mean, not the god stuff or anything. Rollins having a wrestling school is what gets me. Gross. 

You know what they say, those that can't, teach

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Paige has a store in their Anaheim headquarters. 

Rusev Day is just another Mr Kennedy Kennedy thing, it would fizzle out if given the spotlight. But with Vince working the marks acting like he's undermining Rusev, editing chants out of shows and taking him out of matches makes me believe he's trying to get the fans to sabotage the shows in the same way the ''Yes!'' chants did with Bryan, the problem is we're clued in by Dave and it isn't organic. 

That's not taking anything away from Rusev, he really can do it all and deserves more of a shot.