DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

He's too chill. He's like Keith Lee without the charisma. Neither has the killer instinct though Cobb is further away from it than Lee because at least Keith shows it in bursts.

Matanza forces him to be mean and a killing machine, so I agree that he's better in that gimmick. He's already in his mid 30s but I think if he were to spend some serious time in Japan that would be beaten into him.

They're nice human beings, so it's probably hard to come off naturally monster-like. I could buy say Matt Riddle as a cocky asshole who loves himself because that's basically what his babyface Bro persona is to begin with, but Lee and Cobb get by mostly on athleticism over character. I still like all 3 of course.

After just seeing a botch in a PWG match of who knows what. I have a new incomprehensible idea for a top rope move. Shooting Star Spanish Fly! You'd have no clue who was the one doing or giving the move. Even more so. You'd need a guy doing a shooting star and another doing an imploding senton. I bet it's been done. If not, I implore Will Ospreay and some other goof to try it. PROGRESS THE BUSINESS!