DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Tangentially related to Takeover but not a spoiler: WWE is putting Paige on TV to promote her biopic even though she's clearly out of her gourd. I'm not even going to speculate on what's going on with her, but that gal is not all right.  

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

Impact fired Del Rio.

Again.

Or is this the first time.  The guy has been fired from so many promotions, I lost count.

They suspended him for 4 months last year, now terminated for their first time.

49 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Tangentially related to Takeover but not a spoiler: WWE is putting Paige on TV to promote her biopic even though she's clearly out of her gourd. I'm not even going to speculate on what's going on with her, but that gal is not all right.  

Planned or not - they didn't air the intro video the second time they showed it.

That being said they showed it with the Paige intro during the HOF so clearly someone thought that take was fine

8 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

All I saw was that Meltz said it wasn't a work, but didn't elaborate. IMO, Harry doesn't look good here trying to collect a receipt(verbal then physical) for shit Jake did a long time ago but, relatively speaking, the whole thing seems pretty minor.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Harry challenging a guy twice his age and half his size to a fight is a bad look before you even factor in that Harry is also a trained fighter.

Someone should have told John Cena this when he kept calling out The Undertaker.

• Haha 9

4 hours ago, (BP) said:

Most of it was just bad make-up. Whoever was the MUA for her and Dana Warrior, among others, last night did a poor job.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, evilwaldo said:

Impact fired Del Rio.

Again.

Or is this the first time.  The guy has been fired from so many promotions, I lost count.

Good riddance and I rarely watch Impact.

Alberto Del Rio/El Patron vs. Low-Ki in a burned most bridges match.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Harry challenging a guy twice his age and half his size to a fight is a bad look before you even factor in that Harry is also a trained fighter.

There is no variation of this that Harry comes out looking good. I can appreciate defending your father. But Jake is not the only person who tells these stories about the Bulldogs. 

11 hours ago, Victator said:

There is no variation of this that Harry comes out looking good. I can appreciate defending your father. But Jake is not the only person who tells these stories about the Bulldogs. 

Like yo, sometimes you have to come to grips with the fact that your pops was a piece of shit. If Tiffany Trump can do it, so can Harry Smith. 

• Thanks 1

This weekend was unique experience for me because I had the opportunity to watch new Jeff Cobb match and new Matanza match on the same day. Sure, Matanza was in mediocre 3vs3 match, but still... I liked him more than your regular Jeff Cobb. Is it just me or is Jeff Cobb missing something? He looks good, he wrestles well, but he doesn't really have a presence in the ring. When he is Matanza this problem seems to go away, at least for me.