DVDVR Message Board

[MMMM] WRESTLEMANIA III vs. WRESTLEMANIA X

RIPPA

MANIA III vs. MANIA X  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the better Mania

This poll is closed to new votes

Tough draw, both have two high point matches, III Steamboat/Savage and Hulk/Andrea X Hart/Hart and Michaels/Ramon. X also has the fun but unspectacular Savage/Crush and I do enjoy BBB/Luna vs Doink/Dink and Yoko is generally fun to watch and we get him twice but we also get Men on a Mission who I never enjoyed as a team (Mabel became a good big man later on though) and Earthquake squashing Adam Bomb felt weird to me even as a child. III has a lot of matches that are short they don't wear out their welcome but they can't really get going either. Hart Foundation/Davis vs Bulldogs/Santana is a fine little match and III made Wrestlemania feel like a big deal. To me it's the first "real" Wrestlemania as we know it today, it set the stage for what it became and I think for that historical significance I'm going to give III my vote.

• Like 1

I was really, really torn on this one.  But reading Sublime's post above III gets my vote.  I don't know how far historical value can take III but it has a shitton of it and it'd be a disservice not to appreciate that.

I'm surprised X is winning this.  It's a two match show.  I love Bret maybe more than anyone on this board and the match with Owen is so great but then there's the ladder match and that's it.  Rest of the show is terrible. 

WM III is just more entertaining top to bottom, also has a classic match and another iconic match.  Plus,  the commentary on X is brutal whereas the commentary on III is amazing. 

• RIPPA locked this topic