DVDVR Message Board

Bryan Danielson vs Kenta Kobashi

Who is a better in ring performer?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who is a better in ring performer?

• Bryan Danielson
    • Kenta Kobashi
    • It's a draw. Objectively, it's impossible to say who is better.
    • If you didn't watch much Danielson's and/or Kobashi's body of work you could vote this option, please.

9 hours ago, OSJ said:

A very profound observation my friend! I've always said when people are doing the Michaels/Hart thing that Bret put on fantastic wrestling matches and Shawn put on spectacles. That he would usually pull out a spectacle at Wrestlemania while doing nothing of note the rest of the year does not, in my mind make him a great. Best worker of the year is going to be awfully hard to determine fairly considering that we don't have the benefit of the day in day out house shows to evaluate.  One of the things I always admired about Flair is that despite the criticism I've leveled at him for "Flair-by-the-numbers", the fact remains that whether it was 300 people or 30,000 people he gave them the same show. That's also true of Arn Anderson and a very few others; it's really easy to mentally take the night off when it's a small crowd in some backwater town or a meaningless house show the night before a TV taping. The true greats are the ones that gave 100% no matter what the circumstances.

I am going to review years since 1990, obiouvsly, as you said it's impossible to know what heppened during house shows. However, I will read the WON, so I will have a general idea.

Some house shows matches are also avaible in the web, like, for example, a very good Bret vs Flair, Bret vs Yokozuna.

For example, about Michaels, there are people who think that he didn't deliver great house shows matches: his matches against Vader, in 1996, were considered bad. While Bret was always considered as a great house shows worker.