DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - OPENING DAY & APRIL

Dolfan in NYC

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I couldn’t tell if your sigh was related to that or the Marlins losing

I'm waiting for No Mercy '99 to be done.  But every time he homers between now and when you finish, it gets worse for you. 

EDIT -- John Sterling's fucking idiot ass said the crowd gave him a "Staton Ovation".   Oh, you better believe it just got worse.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

EDIT -- John Sterling's fucking idiot ass said the crowd gave him a "Staton Ovation".   Oh, you better believe it just got worse.

Sterling’s puns remind me of that Gene Shalit bit from Family Guy... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cristobal said:

I mean at least the Marlins wasted no time letting their fans know what they can expect over the course of the 2018 season.

Didn't sound like a whole lot of them were there. Wrigley South?

• Like 1

#YearOfTheMets I may be wrong about this but I recall seeing the Mets historically have the best opening day record of any team based on winning percentage. 

12 minutes ago, sabremike said:

#YearOfTheMets I may be wrong about this but I recall seeing the Mets historically have the best opening day record of any team based on winning percentage. 

National League teams - yes

Not including last year or this year (so through 2016) - they were best of the NL teams

The Jays and Yanks are better and Seattle was tied with them (obviously that might have changed slight due to the results of the last two years)

This is all via Baseball Alamac's wackadoo site

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/opening_day/charts/NL_opening_day_games.shtml

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Josh Donaldson starting the season by throwing a ball that had all the generated force Mr. Burns could have mustered certainly bodes well for my baseball viewing this year.

"Dead arm" something you usually only hear in regards to pitchers.

Also, Tulo out likely until the ASB after surgery on both ankles to remove bone spurs.

For the 2nd time in three days - the Tigers and Pirates were postponed.

So on the first weekend of the season - they will be playing a doubleheader

Why MLB keeps insisting on scheduling Detroit to play at home for the first week of the season is beyond me

Since the Yankees outfielders are dropping like flies - it lead to Aaron Judge playing CF for the first time in his career.

That lead to this fun fact

The 6-foot-7 Judge tied Walt Bond of the 1964 Houston Colt .45s as the tallest center field in major league history.