DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - OPENING DAY & APRIL

Dolfan in NYC

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

But... but - the RED SOX ARE THE GREATEST TEAM EVER ASSEMBLED THROUGH 20 GAMES!!!!

The 2015 pennant winning Mets were no hit twice (both at home, the Scherzer one on the penultimate day of the season I was actually at). Even a great team can have a bad night, doesn't mean much.

Nor does the Red Sox start - which was what I was mocking (well more the media’s narrative of it)

But since we are talking about the Mets - Matt Harvey - who says he is a starting pitcher - is no longer a starting pitcher.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Nor does the Red Sox start - which was what I was mocking (well more the media’s narrative of it)

But since we are talking about the Mets - Matt Harvey - who says he is a starting pitcher - is no longer a starting pitcher.

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself get sent to the bullpen

• Like 3

Brandon Belt just set a major league record for longest at-bat by #of pitches (21) and by real time (12 minutes, 45 seconds).

And then flied to right as part of the Giants finding a way to chase the starting pitcher after 2+ innings without scoring off of him.

• Like 1

Scary moment yesterday when Kris Bryant was hit in the head by a 96 mph fastball in the first inning. He managed to turn his head in time so that the ball ricocheted off his helmet and sunglasses. The ball hit his helmet so hard it spun around on his head, which at the time made it look like Bryant's head spun around. Doesn't look like he suffered a concussion, but he has a cut above his eye from his sunglasses. Kid got really lucky.