DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - OPENING DAY & APRIL

Dolfan in NYC

The Marlins Man thing is just amazingly stupid and awesome at the same time.  If I understand the story correctly, he tried to get season tickets in his usually 1st/2nd row behind the plate spot and wanted a discount.  He was offering around $200,000 and the team told him to go pound sand and that you would pay the actual value which I think was $260,000.   Given how financially desperate the team is I probably would have taken the offer.  Also Marlins man and his group of misfit would increase attendance by 10% at this rate.   

So Marlins Man being the ego douche he is made a trip to the Virgin Islands to the Marlins "international corporate office" or something like that.   Well he found out that this office is a fucking PO box and nothing else :lol:  I am sure the state of Florida is thrilled to hear this news

MLB has definitely now set the record for most postponements in the first month of the season as the old record (since they began keeping track) was 25 in 2007 and they were up to 24 already on Monday.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Reds have fired Bryan Price

Jim Riggleman is now the interim manager

The Reds so they will do a search for a "permanent replacement" later in the year

Give 'em my number, Rippa.  

12 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

And they're gonna have him play 3B

aAiboui.gif

Well, he has played 400 games at 3B during his career, so it could possibly...

...BWAHAHAHA.  I couldn't even finish that sentence.  

14 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

And they're gonna have him play 3B

aAiboui.gif

Well the last I checked the NL has yet to adopt the DH, so he has to field a position I guess. They probably shouldn't have overlooked that detail when they decided to sign him.