DVDVR Message Board

SDL Is RUSEVMANIA~ - 3/27/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Rusev looks so approachable and cuddly next to Jinder, who has reach a pointed of vascularity that is, frankly, upsetting to observe. 

Bryan was in the tough spot of announcing the tag match when booking dictated his opponents couldn't be there and real life kept Shane away. It was fine because he's so over, but a little effort from the writers would have been nice. They should have had KO and Sami occupy Smackdown, but Bryan points out the fans joining them in the ring are all paid shills that are guys they knew from their old East Coast indy days. Still, in a fit of narrative irony, authority figure Bryan blows up and books a career altering match at Wrestlemania. 

Nice to see Rusev added to the US Title match even though he has no chance of winning.

I'm surprised they announced Shane for the tag match when its obvious he won't be there for WM. Honestly, I would rather he be in than anyone with everything they have built so far.

Becky/Ruby was ok. It was just nice seeing Becky get a win.

Nakamura/Shelton was fun while it lasted. I loved the post-match segment with Nakamura and AJ. I want Nakamura to win at WM, but he has been so unbelievably cocky going in that he almost has to lose.

Maybe I'm just gullible (ie, the perfect fan), but i'm not convinced Shane doesn't do the match.  It seems unlikely, and Meltzer says there's no way he wrestles at WM, but.... he's a McMahon.  Let's face it, the day a McMahon lets a little thing like a severe illness keep him out of the company's biggest show of the year is probably the same day Vince starts ordering DNA tests to figure out who the real father is.

I kinda hope Shane does make the match, even though it seems a bad idea for his health.  I'm not a fan of Shane's but his matches are entertaining car crashes and this is one of the few times in recent memory the company has been able to keep a hot angle going.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Its odd, I like Joe, but have absolutely zero interest in seeing him in that match. Honestly if it wasn't for the Taker match I would rather see Joe/Cena or Cena in the tag match with Bryan.

Might be the only other way John Cena gets on the show if Undertaker doesn't respond to Cena's challenge ; ).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, L_W_P said:

So who comes to save Bryan?

I assume it's a handicap match to start but surely he gets a substitute partner.

Kane? Ohno? New SDL signee Bobby Lashley?

I’d hope for Ohno.

Because him and Bryan beating the Hell out of Zayn and Owens would be amazing. Plus the ROH connection. Plus Ohno turning on Bryan post Mania...

• Like 1

I say a lot of mean - and true - things about Pittsburgh but I am so happy that they popped hard when Rusev said he was going to make it a Fatal Four Way

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

He was doing a thing on Twitter where if you tweeted him a number between 1-1000, he'd tell you about the match. Guess he's been keeping notes since day one.

Probably learned it from Jericho since he talks about in his 1st book he writes down ever match he has in a notebook and some details about that match. 

1 hour ago, Hail Sabin said:

Probably learned it from Jericho since he talks about in his 1st book he writes down ever match he has in a notebook and some details about that match. 

Makes sense given how RVD liked to play concussion roulette with Jericho..