DVDVR Message Board

[MMMM] WRESTLEMANIA X-SEVEN vs. WRESTLEMANIA 13

RIPPA

MANIA X-SEVEN vs. MANIA 13  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the better Mania

This poll is closed to new votes

As much as I want to, I can't vote Hart/Austin over a stacked card. 

Like I said the last time, X-Seven is the pinnacle of being a wrestling fan for me, it's like a bitter sweet season finale with the buyout of WCW and Austin finally siding with Vince.

In the eternal words of Hunter S Thompson: "with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back."

I know X7 is going to win as it should.  But no way will I vote anything over 13.  That Bret/Austin match not only further reinforced my fandom of Austin but the iconic image of him screaming while in the sharpshooter is something that's forever seared into my brain.   Rest of the show might have stunk, but 13 gets my vote.

• Like 1

One interesting question got brought up about that on the E&C podcast and I legit couldn't come up with an answer - when else has a blade job been so integral to a match and amped up the drama of the finish as much as this? Blade jobs got to a point of seeming utterly superfluous, and the less said about Flair the better, but the one in Hart/Austin? The match would've still been good without it but it reeeeeeally pushed it into the next level with that visual

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

13 is basically a one match show, even though that match is the best Mania match ever.

18 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I know X7 is going to win as it should.  But no way will I vote anything over 13.  That Bret/Austin match not only further reinforced my fandom of Austin but the iconic image of him screaming while in the sharpshooter is something that's forever seared into my brain.   Rest of the show might have stunk, but 13 gets my vote.

This. Hart vs. Austin is not only the best WrestleMania match ever,  it's the best match in the history of the company and may well be the best match ever. The finish is legendary.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I love Hart/Austin, but I also think it is sometimes a bit overrated. The rest of that show mostly sucked. This is no contest.

It's funny you say that after Natural's post.  I won't say it's best ever, but it's quite easily in my top 5 Mania matches.

• Like 1

The rest of 13 is pretty trash. Owen and Bulldog/Vader and Mankind was going well but the ending sucked. I remember enjoying HHH/Goldust. 17 is the better overall show despite having my least favourite Rock/Austin.

13 hours ago, Godfrey said:

The rest of 13 is pretty trash. Owen and Bulldog/Vader and Mankind was going well but the ending sucked. I remember enjoying HHH/Goldust. 17 is the better overall show despite having my least favourite Rock/Austin.

I can see liking 19 more, but 15's Rock/Austin was... Not good. Austin  even admits he was off pretty badly during it, largely because he was dealing with divorce at the time.

The rematch at Backlash is really good and overlooked though.

18 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I can see liking 19 more, but 15's Rock/Austin was... Not good. Austin  even admits he was off pretty badly during it, largely because he was dealing with divorce at the time.

The rematch at Backlash is really good and overlooked though.

AND HE FORGOT HIS LEATHER VEST

• Like 2

• RIPPA locked this topic