Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Brian Fowler

Raw Is Roman Reigns, Super Genius - 3/26/2018

Recommended Posts

I know we won't agree on this, but Coach takes so much away from the show. Booker never detracted from a match to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That feels like it has more to do with your hatred of Coach opposed to him being bad at his job for which at worst he is equal to Booker at.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe? I feel like the only reason I dislike Coach is because he's bac at his job. 

As for Booker, I genuinely like him in the booth and don't think he's bad. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Anyone notice Coach say something about Elias knocking back Braun's invitation to team, and the other two go completely nuts at him because it was Ronda he knocked back to team with. Reaction was strange, like he'd spoiled it.

Yeah, I heard that. I think he mixed up the names/is still not sure who people are. Maybe it's a running gag since he confused Rhino for Bo Dallas in the tag battle royal. Coach still comes off like he doesn't watch a minute of anything WWE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never liked JR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think Booker is bad but also funny at times.  Coach is pretty bad but doesn't have the same charm. 

Honestly, I mostly just enjoy the shots Graves takes at both opposed. Same with Saxton. I would rather have Otunga or Tom move to Raw finally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, allegedly Vince wants there to always have at least one black person in booth, but I'd take Tom, Corey and Byron full time on both shows.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why can’t we just have a two man booth? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PetrolCB said:

Why can’t we just have a two man booth? 

Because Vince

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Casey said:

Yeah, let's replace stupidity with stupidity (but with extra "trying to get himself over on commentary and ignoring matches!" sauce aka the Dusty special). Coachman is dumb, but he doesn't actively take away from the matches with his dumb as fuck rambling and catchphrases.
 

I'd say repeatedly referring to wrestlers by the wrong name actively takes away from a match. And I'm not talking JR confusing Chrises where you can at least understand the mistake.  I'm talking "Could Rhyno go to Wrestlemania!?" when hes already been eliminated from the match and is not even out there.  I'd wager you could line up the Raw roster and Coach would start to struggle to be able to name anyone besides Cena, Roman, Lesnar and Rousey.  

Realistically I feel like the worst part of Coach on Raw (Besides the fact that he sounds completely uneducated on the product) is that he's working with two guys who seem to be just waiting for him to make a mistake and steamroll him.  They should have brought him in to replace Graves on SD where he could have slowly reaclimatized himself with WWE with two guys (Saxton and Phillips) who aren't the overwhelming personalities of Cole and Corey.  

As much as I make fun of Coach, I also feel bad for him because any time tried to make a point Graves just buried him. It really feels like neither he nor Cole really wants him there.  Like they used to take shots at Booker and Saxton, too, but they never felt that mean-spirited to me.  They seemed to know and enjoy their dynamic and the show is kore enjoyable when it feels like the announcers are enjoying it too.  Right now but feels tense and awkward and I think that impacts the overall tone of the show.

I doubt this remains for long.  I think Coach will be off commentary by Summerslam.  Maybe even right after WM when there's less eyes on the show.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figured Coach would be gone once that ESPN thing came out, yet, here we are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Que?”

Senior Benjamin double taking at the boat was hilarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

So, as I've been saying for weeks... #BringBackBooker

We all have been. Heck, I said it from the first show with Coach.

On 1/29/2018 at 10:12 PM, The Green Meanie said:

Also, I already miss Booker. Coach was terrible, and made me have flashbacks to Raw circa 2005.

35svkQC.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, caley said:

I'd say repeatedly referring to wrestlers by the wrong name actively takes away from a match. And I'm not talking JR confusing Chrises where you can at least understand the mistake.  I'm talking "Could Rhyno go to Wrestlemania!?" when hes already been eliminated from the match and is not even out there.  I'd wager you could line up the Raw roster and Coach would start to struggle to be able to name anyone besides Cena, Roman, Lesnar and Rousey.  

Realistically I feel like the worst part of Coach on Raw (Besides the fact that he sounds completely uneducated on the product) is that he's working with two guys who seem to be just waiting for him to make a mistake and steamroll him.  They should have brought him in to replace Graves on SD where he could have slowly reaclimatized himself with WWE with two guys (Saxton and Phillips) who aren't the overwhelming personalities of Cole and Corey.  

As much as I make fun of Coach, I also feel bad for him because any time tried to make a point Graves just buried him. It really feels like neither he nor Cole really wants him there.  Like they used to take shots at Booker and Saxton, too, but they never felt that mean-spirited to me.  They seemed to know and enjoy their dynamic and the show is kore enjoyable when it feels like the announcers are enjoying it too.  Right now but feels tense and awkward and I think that impacts the overall tone of the show.

I doubt this remains for long.  I think Coach will be off commentary by Summerslam.  Maybe even right after WM when there's less eyes on the show.

 

You say Coach not remembering names takes away from a match, I say Booker talking as loud as he possibly can and shouting dumb as fuck catchphrases and telling (false) stories from his career takes away matches. We're never going to agree on this, and I'm much happier with Coach in the booth because his input is so minimal that I forget he's even there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eivion said:

That feels like it has more to do with your hatred of Coach opposed to him being bad at his job for which at worst he is equal to Booker at.

Booker has enthusiasm and cares. Coach wants to be anywhere else. 

Why do they need three announcers? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's only one person I want to see partner with Braun. Anything less is a letdown:

giphy.gif

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Cena waiting around Mania forever for UT to show up a la Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin would be a swell payoff as it would be better than the actual match they'd have.

So Cena should sleep outside like a hobo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Victator said:

Booker has enthusiasm and cares. Coach wants to be anywhere else. 

Why do they need three announcers? 

Vince's voice then you normal two man booth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Shibata Is My Homie said:

So Cena should sleep outside like a hobo?

Cena should throw eggs at Taker's house and set bags of shit on fire on the front porch.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Casey said:

On the flipside, Graves telling the guys he saw Nine Inch Nails and Queens of the Stone Age in that arena is pretty cool.

I saw them on that tour at MSG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those curious

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...