DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Roman Reigns, Super Genius - 3/26/2018

Brian Fowler

26 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Anyone notice Coach say something about Elias knocking back Braun's invitation to team, and the other two go completely nuts at him because it was Ronda he knocked back to team with. Reaction was strange, like he'd spoiled it.

Yeah, I heard that. I think he mixed up the names/is still not sure who people are. Maybe it's a running gag since he confused Rhino for Bo Dallas in the tag battle royal. Coach still comes off like he doesn't watch a minute of anything WWE.

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think Booker is bad but also funny at times.  Coach is pretty bad but doesn't have the same charm. 

Honestly, I mostly just enjoy the shots Graves takes at both opposed. Same with Saxton. I would rather have Otunga or Tom move to Raw finally.

29 minutes ago, Casey said:

Yeah, let's replace stupidity with stupidity (but with extra "trying to get himself over on commentary and ignoring matches!" sauce aka the Dusty special). Coachman is dumb, but he doesn't actively take away from the matches with his dumb as fuck rambling and catchphrases.

I'd say repeatedly referring to wrestlers by the wrong name actively takes away from a match. And I'm not talking JR confusing Chrises where you can at least understand the mistake.  I'm talking "Could Rhyno go to Wrestlemania!?" when hes already been eliminated from the match and is not even out there.  I'd wager you could line up the Raw roster and Coach would start to struggle to be able to name anyone besides Cena, Roman, Lesnar and Rousey.  

Realistically I feel like the worst part of Coach on Raw (Besides the fact that he sounds completely uneducated on the product) is that he's working with two guys who seem to be just waiting for him to make a mistake and steamroll him.  They should have brought him in to replace Graves on SD where he could have slowly reaclimatized himself with WWE with two guys (Saxton and Phillips) who aren't the overwhelming personalities of Cole and Corey.  

As much as I make fun of Coach, I also feel bad for him because any time tried to make a point Graves just buried him. It really feels like neither he nor Cole really wants him there.  Like they used to take shots at Booker and Saxton, too, but they never felt that mean-spirited to me.  They seemed to know and enjoy their dynamic and the show is kore enjoyable when it feels like the announcers are enjoying it too.  Right now but feels tense and awkward and I think that impacts the overall tone of the show.

I doubt this remains for long.  I think Coach will be off commentary by Summerslam.  Maybe even right after WM when there's less eyes on the show.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

So, as I've been saying for weeks... #BringBackBooker

We all have been. Heck, I said it from the first show with Coach.

On 1/29/2018 at 10:12 PM, The Green Meanie said:

Also, I already miss Booker. Coach was terrible, and made me have flashbacks to Raw circa 2005.

35svkQC.jpg

56 minutes ago, caley said:

I'd say repeatedly referring to wrestlers by the wrong name actively takes away from a match. And I'm not talking JR confusing Chrises where you can at least understand the mistake.  I'm talking "Could Rhyno go to Wrestlemania!?" when hes already been eliminated from the match and is not even out there.  I'd wager you could line up the Raw roster and Coach would start to struggle to be able to name anyone besides Cena, Roman, Lesnar and Rousey.  

Realistically I feel like the worst part of Coach on Raw (Besides the fact that he sounds completely uneducated on the product) is that he's working with two guys who seem to be just waiting for him to make a mistake and steamroll him.  They should have brought him in to replace Graves on SD where he could have slowly reaclimatized himself with WWE with two guys (Saxton and Phillips) who aren't the overwhelming personalities of Cole and Corey.  

As much as I make fun of Coach, I also feel bad for him because any time tried to make a point Graves just buried him. It really feels like neither he nor Cole really wants him there.  Like they used to take shots at Booker and Saxton, too, but they never felt that mean-spirited to me.  They seemed to know and enjoy their dynamic and the show is kore enjoyable when it feels like the announcers are enjoying it too.  Right now but feels tense and awkward and I think that impacts the overall tone of the show.

I doubt this remains for long.  I think Coach will be off commentary by Summerslam.  Maybe even right after WM when there's less eyes on the show.

You say Coach not remembering names takes away from a match, I say Booker talking as loud as he possibly can and shouting dumb as fuck catchphrases and telling (false) stories from his career takes away matches. We're never going to agree on this, and I'm much happier with Coach in the booth because his input is so minimal that I forget he's even there. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

That feels like it has more to do with your hatred of Coach opposed to him being bad at his job for which at worst he is equal to Booker at.

Booker has enthusiasm and cares. Coach wants to be anywhere else. 

Why do they need three announcers? 

• Like 1