DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Roman Reigns, Super Genius - 3/26/2018

Brian Fowler

8 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Remember back in the old days when wrestling made sense where you would announce a (real) main event at least a month in advance with angles and hype building anticipation, not do something like officially announce it less than a week before it happened? Boy do I miss those days...

I get that Taker/Cena is big, but to claim AJ/Nakamura and Brock/Reigns aren't real main events is pretty fucking ridiculous.

Just now, Eivion said:

I get that Taker/Cena is big, but to claim AJ/Nakamura and Brock/Reigns aren't real main events is pretty fucking ridiculous.

To the crowd Cena-Taker IS the main event. That's just a fact.

I could give less of a shit for any Roman WM main event. Honestly, I would have walked out last year if it were not for the Undertaker which I feel even more annoyed because now they are running Taker vs Cena.

Shinsuke vs Styles is my main event. Asuka vs Charlotte and Cedric vs Ali are the only other matches that I am invested in. I am tuning out the rest of the show unless it proves to be interesting which if the Usos and New Day are involved, I may give a shit about that match as well.

I said it in the Mania thread, but I don't think Taker is going to actually show up until Mania. Like they did in the Bray program a couple three years ago.

I doubt the WWE has officially decided on what's going on last.

11 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I said it in the Mania thread, but I don't think Taker is going to actually show up until Mania. Like they did in the Bray program a couple three years ago.

I doubt the WWE has officially decided on what's going on last.

Hasn't Vince changed the order on Mania the day of the show in the past? 

I thought they missed a golden opportunity for Taker to show up tonight. That old gong and "he's here" goes across the PA, Lights out...lights back on and Taker grabs Cena and chokeslam's him. The arena would have gone bonkers. Since the WWE only cares about trends and stuff, they would still be talking about it on Twitter right now.

Honestly I think they really are winging a lot of this card together. After tonight, I'm convinced they have no idea who to team Braun up with. It's like "Roman/Lesnar and the Rousey/Angle vs. Triple H/Stephanie" thing have their full attention. Everything else is just filler to pad out the card. This damn show is supposed to be something like 5 hours (not including the pre-show). It's amazing how if you watch a Wrestlemania from the mid 90's, they could have fit Bayley/Sasha on that card no problem. Today...they couldn't even fit in the video for it.

11 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Hasn't Vince changed the order on Mania the day of the show in the past? 

They usually don't decide the order until the week of the show.

I know they flipped Angle/Lesnar and Rock/Austin at XIX either the day before or morning of the show because of Austin's health scare.

Coachman highlight of the week: this exchange!

JC: Not many superstars can take The Undertaker off his feet like that!

(slight pause)

MC: Well, I get your point Coach but that was Kane who Cena knocked off his feet.  

JC: (quietly) My bad...

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

I thought they missed a golden opportunity for Taker to show up tonight. That old gong and "he's here" goes across the PA, Lights out...lights back on and Taker grabs Cena and chokeslam's him. The arena would have gone bonkers. Since the WWE only cares about trends and stuff, they would still be talking about it on Twitter right now.

Honestly I think they really are winging a lot of this card together. After tonight, I'm convinced they have no idea who to team Braun up with. It's like "Roman/Lesnar and the Rousey/Angle vs. Triple H/Stephanie" thing have their full attention. Everything else is just filler to pad out the card. This damn show is supposed to be something like 5 hours (not including the pre-show). It's amazing how if you watch a Wrestlemania from the mid 90's, they could have fit Bayley/Sasha on that card no problem. Today...they couldn't even fit in the video for it.

Anyone notice Coach say something about Elias knocking back Braun's invitation to team, and the other two go completely nuts at him because it was Ronda he knocked back to team with. Reaction was strange, like he'd spoiled it.

8 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

So, as I've been saying for weeks... #BringBackBooker

The problem with that is that he doesn't want to come back. he was actually quite happy when they replaced him. He prefers doing the pre-show panels to actual announcing.

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

The problem with that is that he doesn't want to come back. he was actually quite happy when they replaced him. He prefers doing the pre-show panels to actual announcing.

Then give the job to Mark Henry.

Or Ron Simmons only saying Damn once an hour.

Hell let Saxton do both shows like Graves.

I don't care just get Coach off the fucking show.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Yeah, let's replace stupidity with stupidity (but with extra "trying to get himself over on commentary and ignoring matches!" sauce aka the Dusty special). Coachman is dumb, but he doesn't actively take away from the matches with his dumb as fuck rambling and catchphrases.

On the flipside, Graves telling the guys he saw Nine Inch Nails and Queens of the Stone Age in that arena is pretty cool.

• Like 2