DVDVR Message Board

The Greatest Royal Rumble - 4/27/18

Casey

On 4/13/2018 at 6:56 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Here Comes the Pain has to be in my top 5 as far as how many hours I logged on a video game.  I had friends over every damn day playing the hell out of it.  Also,  I would have loved Undertaker as Eastwood in Unforgiven.  

I fucking love Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain, put so much time into it.

On 4/13/2018 at 9:51 AM, CreativeControl said:

I was half tempted recently to buy a PS2 on the game and just have endless Lesnar/Goldberg wars are their movesets were insane. But I was scared it wouldn't match my nostalgia for it... plus the Batista/Cena SvR game was my fave

I have that one, Smackdown vs. RAW 2006 second only to Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Infinit said:

So now it's Jinder vs Jeff for the US title, and no rematch for Randy?

I thought Randy was getting his rematch at BackLash. I'd much rather see Jeff Hardy vs Randy Orton than Jinder Mahal vs Orton.

If I never seen Mahal vs Orton ever again it would be too soon.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I eagerly await the WWE dancing away from the seating controversy that people are just figuring out now.

I was typing "what's the controversy?"  Then I realized Google is my friend.  Pasting for everyone else:

However, NO floor tickets are available to regular fans. Those seats have all been reserved for the Sports Authority, Ministers & their entourages, and their friends and other people of stature.

It had originally been reported that WWE was planning on the event seating around 62,000 people. But as per a new report via Wrestling Observer Live today, WWE held a meeting and has made a decision to block off half of the arena. Which now means, that instead of the event having a capacity of nearly 62,000 it will instead only seat around 31,000 people.

In addition, you will only be able to purchase tickets for the event if you are single, meaning bachelor men, OR if you are a family (family meaning it has to include a woman and children).

What a gross shitshow this is turning out to be. 

On the radio show - Meltzer said that 10K seats were seat aside for "single males" but those were only in the upper deck and those are now all sold out.

The rest of the seats are - yes - basically "if you are male, you can't attend without bringing a woman and if you are a woman you can't attend unless you are in a "family". Those seats are the "better" ones.

The floor seats are all reserved for friends of the King

I'm assuming ticket sales aren't great if they're blocking off half the arena?  Or is there some other factor that I'm missing.  Lol, I wonder what Vince would have to do to sell out the other half of an arena.  Steve Austin vs. Hulk Hogan in a "bionic neck vs. hip replacement on a pole" match

At least the ticket policy isn't completely misogynistic.  They don't want to hear from you if you're a single male either.  Damn it, pal, that's what you get for not doing your duty and propagating the tribe at a young age.

I'm assuming the Middle East must not have a neckbearded shut-in male subculture.  Lucky them.

You'd think a company as determined to whore themselves out in the pursuit of new markets would at least eventually figure out how to minimize pr problems.  But, nope...

Think how much more enjoyable Raw and Smackdown would be if the best seats went to families, and the dicks in the front row mugging for the camera and yelling "sweet" after every two count had to go sit in the upper deck. :lol:

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I was typing "what's the controversy?"  Then I realized Google is my friend.  Pasting for everyone else:

What a gross shitshow this is turning out to be. 

I was going to ask the same thing. Thanks for posing this and yes it is a shitshow. Thinking of skipping it for reasons I gave earlier.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Think how much more enjoyable Raw and Smackdown would be if the best seats went to families, and the dicks in the front row mugging for the camera and yelling "sweet" after every two count had to go sit in the upper deck. :lol:

That sounds a lot less enjoyable.

17 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I was going to ask the same thing. Thanks for posing this and yes it is a shitshow. Thinking of skipping it for reasons I gave earlier.

I never had any intention of watching anyway.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, The Natural said:

The winner of the Greatest Royal Rumble match gets...

Hide contents

Greatest Royal Rumble Trophy

I'm assuming that wasn't made by the same artist behind the WM Women's trophy since there's no approximation of the vans deferens on it. 

• Haha 3

I thought they said they opened some more seats for single men. Not that it really matters.

WWE is getting paid, and nobody should be surprised that Vince's "morals" have a price.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

HAHAHAHA holy shit look at that trophy.  Are those scimitars?  God damn.  I guess a giant oil rig or a coupon for 72 virgins would have been too on the nose.

Jerry Lawler called dibs on the 72 virgins.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1