DVDVR Message Board

The Greatest Royal Rumble - 4/27/18

Casey

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Not a chance in hell they’re okay with that. A decade long deal where they’re paying WWE millions of dollars and people really think these will just be house show type matches?

Maybe payment from the Saudis is contingent on a Prince Salman workrate report. 

1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

I’m surprised there hasn’t been a bigger deal made about the women not allowed to perform.  Three months after the first women’s rumble match, they have a show called The Greatest Royal Rumble with women barred.

This is one of those things, if wrestling was even a tiny bit bigger in pop culture it would be huge, but as it is it doesn’t register. Still a carny business. 

8 hours ago, Pete said:

Rusev (0'17" knock knock joke ---> KO) Undertaker

Taker beats Rusev up. Goes to throw him in the casket. English is inside and sits up. He tells it’s Rusev Day” then throws kozunak in Undertaker’s eyes.

They both throw Taker in the casket.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pete said:

Rusev (0'17" knock knock joke ---> KO) Undertaker

Taker beats Rusev up. Goes to throw him in the casket. English is inside and sits up. He tells it’s Rusev Day” then throws kozunak in Undertaker’s eyes.

They both throw Taker in the casket.

Imagine if this was 1988 and South Africa and they left Koko, JYD, and Butch Reed at home.

It should be a much bigger deal than it is. If nothing else, they should give the women payouts from the show like they were on it.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I’m surprised there hasn’t been a bigger deal made about the women not allowed to perform.  Three months after the first women’s rumble match, they have a show called The Greatest Royal Rumble with women barred.

Yes. I know countries have different cultures/traditions, but ugh to the treatment of women.

As I said in reply to Casey:

On 3/26/2018 at 4:14 PM, Casey said:

Yeah, y'know, that event from Saudi Arabia where the women aren't allowed to wrestle. Internet uproar!

On 3/26/2018 at 5:00 PM, The Natural said:

Internet uproar's merited.