DVDVR Message Board

The Greatest Royal Rumble - 4/27/18

Casey

The odds of Rusev winning are minuscule. The only scenario I can imagine would be if they're doing an extended storyline with Cena and he was hiding in the casket or whatever. Even then, I think it's doubtful because Hunter wouldn't let his match get overshadowed like that. 

Rusev isn't winning and it'll be a minor miracle if he gets more than a tiny bit of offense. You guys are absolutely nuts. He's just a mid-level name/imposing enough physical presence who wasn't already on the card who they trust to make Taker look halfway decent. 

That said, it's still a good thing for Rusev to be in this match and not just buried in the Rumble.

See - I knew I should have moved those other posts over.

This came up in the main thread - and we will see when they actually block out the time on the Network (which hasn't happened as of at least this morning)

But it will probably be slotted in for 3 hours

Its a glorified house show - there wont be talking, all the matches will be under 10 minutes (obviously except for the Rumble)

And even with the Rumble - for 50 people there is no way they do beyond 60 second intervals.

5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

How fucking long is this show going to be? A 50 man Rumble, 7 title matches, Cena/Triple H and an Undertaker entrance. 

If it’s five fucking hours long like Mania, I’m watching it in bed. 

Even with sixty second intervals that's going to be around an hour. 9 matches in 2 hours would be tough even as a pure house show format, and that's assuming they are done with non-title announcements. 

And that's assuming the Saudi money is okay with it being a really basic show.

Not a chance in hell they’re okay with that. A decade long deal where they’re paying WWE millions of dollars and people really think these will just be house show type matches?

I mean, they’re actively building this thing up on television, it’s a Network special, and during the middle of the day on a Friday - it’s going to be longer than 3 hours.

Just now, (BP) said:

Have they at any point mentioned the winner getting a title match or is it just bragging rights? 

So far, no. But Meltz said on WOR the other day it'll probably end up with a title shot.

It is also possible that the entire show isn't going to air.

Like Beast in the East - they didn't air the first two matches on the show and one of them was a tag title match

2 hours ago, DeathyBoy said:

I’m just saying it’s a bigger possibility than him punning or submitting Taker. 

Rusev (0'17" knock knock joke ---> KO) Undertaker

• Haha 6