Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Casey

The Greatest Royal Rumble - 4/27/18

Recommended Posts

Every report I’ve read states that Sami Zayn opted not to go to Saudi Arabia - not that the government banned him from wrestling. And the rumor is that WWE gave all the talent the option to stay home if they objected to this show.

I’m sure the Sports Authority or whatever combed over the entire roster, dictating who could wrestle there and who couldn’t. A Jewish man named Paul Heyman? Approved. Two Iranians? Approved! Sami Zayn????? NOPE.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I don't think Sami probably wanted to be there. I like to picture him and all the women hanging out laughing at this glorified house show.

 

I'm sure he wished he could have flew twenty something hours to a country where he had a laundry list of things he could not do. 

Is that belt Braun won a new title or just a trophy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how people in this thread think Roman should be released or quit this company or take an indefinite leave of absence despite the fact by all indications he makes like $900 kajillion a year doing this, is one of the top merchandise sellers in the company and continues to main event every Wrestlemania no matter how much a crowd may hate him.

As Hulk Hogan would say, don't work yourself into a shoot, brother.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Victator said:

I'm sure he wished he could have flew twenty something hours to a country where he had a laundry list of things he could not do. 

Is that belt Braun won a new title or just a trophy?

I think it's just a trophy for winning the Rumble. Although it's kind of strange he wins two trophies. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Natural said:

Still remember this:

Daniel Bryan's chops get booed vs. Rode Rick Strong at ROH Vendetta 2004.

Bryan: "What? You were cheering for his chops." 

Fan shouts: "Your chops suck". 

Bryan's reply: "FUCK OFF!"

Vendetta was November 2005, not '04.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vince is going to start making Titus be his funny guy now. Like Deangelo and Andy.

 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Titus probably got himself another year of job security due to this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Raziel said:

Ain't no way a Tongan let's a Samoan into that group.

 

They let Chase Owens in, just make him Chase's cousin.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Titus thing, how lucky is he that they didn't bring those giant LED screens for the ring apron?  Dude could have seriously wrecked himself if that was there.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Undertaker almost spiked Aiden English with that tombstone. Looked terribly unsafe. 

Maybe the booking of Roman is now so bad that it might actually be working and people feel bad for him. At the very least they want him to win so he can transition it to someone they do like. 

Also happy to see that the WWE is willing to give the Saudi fans shit finishes just like the Americans and Candians get. Saudis paid for an Authentic WWE experience and got it.

Rusev was great.

Daniel Bryan is like wrestling Jesus, and he went in first so everyone could have a chance to get blessed before Big Cass scrambles his brains with hisclumsy  big boot.

Primo gets mad respect for botching his highspot and not trying to rewind and get a do over like a lot of wrestlers do. He fucked it up, and just moved on.

Favorite part was Braun exploding everyone off of him the second time JUST as Big Cass was entering for the hot confrontation with Bryan, and the Big Cass tripping over the bodies. It's not Cass' fault, but It was up there with Titus getting sacrificed to the hungry apron god.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Vgmastr said:

On the Titus thing, how lucky is he that they didn't bring those giant LED screens for the ring apron?  Dude could have seriously wrecked himself if that was there.

Not only that, he was about a few inches away of hitting that steel post under the ring. If he hit that, that’s easily a severe head injury or broken collar bone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alstein said:

 

They let Chase Owens in, just make him Chase's cousin.

 

Or the new Bone Soldier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this was a glorified house show? Regardless, I don’t really feel bad for Roman. He knows he is being booked terribly and does nothing to change that . Unlike Cena who spent years changing the criticisms he had for years, Roman does not seem to care about how he is getting booked and fully believes it is the fans problem while stating stupid ass shit like he is the best in-Ring performer in the world with a completely straight face. He is tied with for the 2nd leading merch receipent behind Cena and tied with AJ which will undoubtedly change with Daniel Bryan coming back. Dude is getting his coins. Honestly, I guess the money and accolades and prestige supercedes any blows to the pride of performing in front of a crowd who does not give a shit. 

This is not me hating Roman at all btw. He is a solid worker and I know he earns his cash every night in that ring. I can never accuse Roman of phoning it in ever. But I rather him be the Rock than Lex Luger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "glorified house show" is kind of just a talking point now. This show was basically the same quality as most WWE PPVs lately minus a good women's match and, for whatever it's worth, this wasn't a show lacking in star power. 

Roman would have been freshened up with a move to Smackdown, actually, but that ship has been F5'd into the announce table. 

Everything with Roman's booking the last three years has been puzzling. They've been so concerned with him getting sympathy that they don't even book  him strongly anymore. Brock killed him, Braun killed him, everyone just shoots on him on the mic about how much he fucking sucks. It's all perplexing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, Meltzer went off on Saudi politics in the WOR review and I haven't heard him this worked up in a long time.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Not only that, he was about a few inches away of hitting that steel post under the ring. If he hit that, that’s easily a severe head injury or broken collar bone. 

Nah, he was pretty clear of the crossbar they tie the canvas to, he wasn't that close to it.  If you mean the old center post under the ring, unless they were using a local ring and didn't bring their own, they redesigned the platform a couple years ago and there's no more posts underneath, everything sits on the 4 ringposts in the corners now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Casey said:

Every report I’ve read states that Sami Zayn opted not to go to Saudi Arabia - not that the government banned him from wrestling. And the rumor is that WWE gave all the talent the option to stay home if they objected to this show.

I’m sure the Sports Authority or whatever combed over the entire roster, dictating who could wrestle there and who couldn’t. A Jewish man named Paul Heyman? Approved. Two Iranians? Approved! Sami Zayn????? NOPE.

 

Yes, I'm totally sure that anyone who turned down being a part of this abortion wouldn't get punished in the booking or anything. Nope :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Yes, I'm totally sure that anyone who turned down being a part of this abortion wouldn't get punished in the booking or anything. Nope :rolleyes:

This is a good point. When RVD opted not to do Tribute to the Troops, he was kept off TV for over a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah there is a huge difference between support our Troops and supporting a government that treats domestic issues like it is the 1930's.  Even if you thought the wars they were in at the time during Tribute to the Troops were complete bullshit. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Vendetta was November 2005, not '04.

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Yeah there is a huge difference between support our Troops and supporting a government that treats domestic issues like it is the 1930's.  Even if you thought the wars they were in at the time during Tribute to the Troops were complete bullshit. 

Eh,  I get what you're saying but if you want to play politics then nobody should criticize WWE at all given that our own government kisses the Saudi's ass at every turn and looked the other way when it was revealed that most of the 9/11 attackers were radicalized in Saudi Arabia. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...