DVDVR Message Board

The Greatest Royal Rumble - 4/27/18

Casey

Not defending Hunter but even though his answer was obvious bullshit if you are the COO of WWE what are you supposed to say? 

"My father-in-law couldn't pass up the boatload of cash and couldn't have cared less if women are on the card or not"  doesn't have much of a ring to it.. 

On 4/22/2018 at 11:45 AM, Brian Fowler said:

So we have 18 confirmed men for the Rumble (Daniel Bryan, Braun Strowman, Big Show, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Elias, Baron Corbin, Big E, Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods, Apollo Crews, Shelton Benjamin, Sin Cara, Chad Gable, Goldust, Titus O’Neil, Mojo Rawley, Dolph Ziggler). 4 not confirmed but on the poster (Mark Henry, Shane McMahons, Rey Mysterio, Great Khali). And one spot guaranteed to the winner of the KSA tryouts they are holding.

The rest of the card has 23 people announced plus the to be determined CW challenger. I'm assuming most of them not named Brock are doing double duty.

Isn't Rey still recovering from a torn bicep?

1 hour ago, BrianS81177 said:

Isn't Rey still recovering from a torn bicep?

He was confirmed for the match on wwe.com Wednesday, so I guess he's ready enough to go at least a few minutes if not to start actually working again.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Not defending Hunter but even though his answer was obvious bullshit if you are the COO of WWE what are you supposed to say? 

"My father-in-law couldn't pass up the boatload of cash and couldn't have cared less if women are on the card or not"  doesn't have much of a ring to it.. 

Pedantic alert: Triple H on screen is the COO, but real life he's Executive Vice President of Talent, Live Events and Creative.

They don't actually have a COO, but Vince is CEO, and George Barrios and Michelle Wilson are each a Co-President. Then Stephanie is Chief Brand Officer, then Paul is the fifth person listed on the corporate page. 

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

He was confirmed for the match on wwe.com Wednesday, so I guess he's ready enough to go at least a few minutes if not to start actually working again.

He definitely will be there

Someone could have warned me that unmasked Rey is now Konnan

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

BTW - regarding show length

Meltzer mentioned on the radio show this morning that don't be surprised if the show is longer than 5 hours since tradition is to have a one hour intermission (for a prayer break)

I mean I can't see the WWE agreeing to that due to the live broadcast nature of the show but who knows.

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Meltzer mentioned on the radio show this morning that don't be surprised if the show is longer than 5 hours since tradition is to have a one hour intermission (for a prayer break)

I mean I can't see the WWE agreeing to that due to the live broadcast nature of the show but who knows.

They could have taped some women's matches and stuck them there on the feed.

"Piss break, prayer break? Whatever!"

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

Viktor, Connor: You've got 30 seconds to riff on KFC chicken. And you're live in 5...4...3...GO!

22 seconds later a series of cue cards appear

STRETCH

FOR

ANOTHER

59:30!!!!!!!!!!!!

I, unironically, would watch every picosecond of this.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Just trying to imagine what a prayer break would be for people at Wrestlemania this year.  

I get the reasons people don't want to watch this show, be it the absolutely valid political issues, or feeling like it's going to be nothing matches, or pique that this is being aired and not things like Starrcade, or anger over the feeling that they treated Wrestlemania as a set-up show for this...BUT

after seeing everyone go on record as to why they're blowing this show off I'm now rooting for every title to change hands, AJ and Nak to get 45 minutes, Cena and Roman to turn heel and form a faction, the Undertaker to do a 20 minute out of character retirement speech, and like fucking Kenny Omega to win the Rumble. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 5