DVDVR Message Board

The Greatest Royal Rumble - 4/27/18

Casey

I'm going to download this shitshow as soon as it's over. A 50 man battle royal? Yes please. I don't care if they are performing for an oil billionaire king. It could be worse, it could be in North Korea.

14 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

This whole thing reminds me of some rich person paying a celebrity a buttload of money to do a private performance at their wedding.

Reminds me of our convention in Vegas a few years ago where someone hired 38 Special to perform at their party. :lol:

And I'm sure there some of the women quietly happy that they don't have to go.  The Raw crew's travel schedule these two weeks is brutal.  From Raw to South Africa, back to US for Raw, then back to Saudi Arabia, then back to Canada for Raw.

22 minutes ago, nofuture said:

And I'm sure there some of the women quietly happy that they don't have to go.  The Raw crew's travel schedule these two weeks is brutal.  From Raw to South Africa, back to US for Raw, then back to Saudi Arabia, then back to Canada for Raw.

You'd think it would make more sense just to shoot TV in South Africa.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

As I begin to watch this WWE 24 titled EMPOWERMENT I can't help but think WWE owes the females on the roster something here.  The company is making bank off the oil sheikhs,  cool.  How bout you trickle some of that down to them in some way.  

11 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I said it earlier, but bare minimum, every woman on the main roster should get a check for this show just like if they had worked it.

Yeah, all this.  WWE didn't have the gall to play Sun City in the 80s (or did they?  I'm just guessing).  Would Vince be cool if a sold show promoter told them, "thanks for doing a show here, but please no coloreds on the card?" 

Far as I can tell from the history of WWE website, the first time they went to South Africa was 1996. They had a couple of Samoans (Yoko and Sultan), a Puerto Rican (Savio) and a Marc Mero on the tour.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Yeah, all this.  WWE didn't have the gall to play Sun City in the 80s (or did they?  I'm just guessing).  Would Vince be cool if a sold show promoter told them, "thanks for doing a show here, but please no coloreds on the card?" 

When Piper won the first Slammy he did say that he played Sun City, brother.

I wonder if they are gonna do a Bruno vs Superstar Graham in the cage finish as where Bruno punched Graham through the cage door, Brock german suplexes Roman through the cage door. Technically Roman escaped first making him the winner. Be a very good way to turn Roman into the undeserving heel champion if he comes out on Monday with champagne and confetti and acts like he actually concurred the Beast Incarnate.

• Like 1