DVDVR Message Board

[MMMM] WRESTLEMANIA XXVIII vs. WRESTLEMANIA VIII

RIPPA

MANIA XXVIII vs. VIII  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the better Mania

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm going for WrestleMania VIII for Roddy Piper vs. Bret Hart and Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage. Bonus marks for Bobby Heenan's commentary.

Only thing I remember fondly from XXVIII is the Hell in a Cell match between 'Taker and Trips. I was fucked off with how the show opened, Daniel Bryan losing the World Heavyweight Championship to Sheamus in 18 seconds. The backlash began at the show and especially the post WrestleMania XXVIII RAW.

• Like 1

VIII has a purely nostalgia value for me as 92 is my fave year for wrestling so I'll probably vote for that over everything. Even without taking that into consideration nothing at XXVIII can hold a candle to Hart/Piper, HBK/Tito and Flair/Savage

• Like 1

There's no match at 28 that touches Flair/Savage or Piper/Hart. Punk/Jericho is the best match on the card and it's only pretty good. Taker/HHH in the cell was a huge disappointment since I was high on the previous match. 

1 minute ago, (BP) said:

There's no match at 28 that touches Flair/Savage or Piper/Hart. Punk/Jericho is the best match on the card and it's only pretty good. Taker/HHH in the cell was a huge disappointment since I was high on the previous match. 

I prefer the Hell in a Cell match. It's interesting seeing the mixture of opinions both get.

• RIPPA locked this topic