DVDVR Message Board

[MMMM] WRESTLEMANIA XIV vs. WRESTLEMANIA XXIV

RIPPA

MANIA XIV vs. XXIV  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the better Mania

This poll is closed to new votes

Two great WrestleMania's, hopefully XXXIV follows them. Going with XXIV as it has a legit shout as the best WrestleMania of them all. Edge and the Undertaker went on last justifying it's main event slot, Ric Flair's final WWE match against Shawn Michaels and look how well Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. The Big Show turned out...nobody saw that coming. You get a surprise MITB winner in CM Punk too. One of my favourite WrestleMania sets as well.

I haven't watched 14 in a looooooooong time but I remember NAO/Foley&Funk was a good brawl and that Austin/Michaels was a hot match and was a pretty decent performance from Shawn given his back at the time. Taker/Kane was a nice first time one on one big time feud match as well but 24's highs were higher and the lows weren't as low. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sublime said:

I haven't watched 14 in a looooooooong time but I remember NAO/Foley&Funk was a good brawl and that Austin/Michaels was a hot match and was a pretty decent performance from Shawn given his back at the time. Taker/Kane was a nice first time one on one big time feud match as well but 24's highs were higher and the lows weren't as low. 

Co-signed.

I think this one boils down to criteria. WM14 feels like an iconic total package to me. It feels like a point of culmination, where everything was heading for the attitude era to really come into its own. WMXXIV has Flair vs Shawn and one of the best Mania matches ever in the Big Show match, but it ends with Taker vs Edge and the other title match is just another mishmash of guys put together in that decade. 

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

WM14 feels like an iconic total package to me. It feels like a point of culmination, where everything was heading for the attitude era to really come into its own. WMXXIV has Flair vs Shawn and one of the best Mania matches ever in the Big Show match, but it ends with Taker vs Edge and the other title match is just another mishmash of guys put together in that decade. 

This. I watched 14 recently and came to the same conclusion, my god is the pop for Austin HUGE. I could sway either way here but Flair/HBK was so beautifully done and Mayweather/Show so expertly booked I had to give that the nod

• RIPPA locked this topic