DVDVR Message Board

[MMMM] WRESTLEMANIA 2000 vs. WRESTLEMANIA XII

RIPPA

MANIA 2000 vs. XII  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the better Mania

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

2000 is unforgivably weak given how hot the product was at the time. I have a soft spot for 12, but I just pretend the main event ended in a draw.

I agree with you here. 2000 is such a let down with WWF how it was at the time. Only fond thing from it is the Triangle Ladder match and the OTT WWF Hardcore Time Limit match.

XII gets my vote for the main and Diesel's last WrestleMania. Thank you, Undertaker.

I was there live for both of these and had a much better time at 2000.  My seats were way better, but goddamn, I got to see most of the people I liked (NO FUCKING UNDERTAKER) but I do feel like some of it was at the expense of having a regular one-on-one singles match anywhere on the card that wasn't Terri vs Miss Kitty.  This show was fun, and a show with three or four good matches (ladder match, main event, Jericho/Angle/Benoit, I liked the hardcore match a lot for what it was).

I had floor seats next to the entrance aisle.  

The main event of 12 was torture to sit through live.  Shawn and Bret were probably my two least favorite faces in the company.  No falls during the match just fucked up the entire concept of the match and the drama around it.  We ended up walking around the building and seeing how far we could sneak down to get near the ring.  12 had one match I gave a fuck about and that was Taker/Diesel.  One good match and one match where two guys I wasn't a fan of basically jerked off in the ring for an hour plus.

I was in the goddamned nosebleeds here.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Matt D said:

XII really felt like an "All Eggs in one basket" sort of show. I'm going to lean towards 2000 for wholly personal reasons. We spent all day watching the PPV history of Wrestlemania stuff and it was just a great day.

I wonder if they knew then they had something with a network idea in the future, because that all-day preshow was exceptional. 

22 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

2000 is unforgivably weak given how hot the product was at the time.

About sums it up. That said I'd take the triangle table match over anything on XII so it just edges it for me

• RIPPA locked this topic