DVDVR Message Board

[MMMM] WRESTLEMANIA 31 vs. WRESTLEMANIA V

RIPPA

MANIA 31 vs. V  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the better Mania

This poll is closed to new votes

I was too young for any of those early Manias, so any of the ones that have 15 five minute matches aren't that high for me. Randy and Hulk together really don't do anything for me bell to bell even if the angles are always fun. 

Roman vs Brock is like the Mind Games main event in that it's so great that a fuck finish can't ruin it for me. I'm on record as a big defender of Sting/Hunter and all of that silliness, and the show has some of the greatest entrances in Wrestlemania history. 

• Like 1

This is a hard one.

V has the Mega Powers exploding in one of Hogan's best matches but a lot of the undercard matches were too short to get going.

31 had a great main too and if you ignore the resulting title run the ending doesn't ruin it as much. Cena/Rusev was good too, the Ladder match was good and so was the pre-show tag match. Orton/Rollins had a match that I did not hate and even enjoyed a little which is quite the feat for those two. buuuuuut HHH/Sting still makes me mad and Taker/Wyatt was disappointing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

5 is really good and underrated. I can't remember anything good about 31 except the main event, and even that had a depressing ending.

Intercontinental Championship Ladder match won by Daniel Bryan

Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins

John Cena vs. Rusev though the match they had a month prior at Fastlane was better.

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Intercontinental Championship Ladder match won by Daniel Bryan

Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins

John Cena vs. Rusev though the match they had a month prior at Fastlane was better.

Forgot about Randy/Seth and that beautiful RKO. Orton's never been a favorite of mine, but he's got incredible timing. I love that story Seth told about him being so pumped he hit it that he forgot to go for the pin right away. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Forgot about Randy/Seth and that beautiful RKO. Orton's never been a favorite of mine, but he's got incredible timing. I love that story Seth told about him being so pumped he hit it that he forgot to go for the pin right away. 

Related image

• Like 1

I voted for 5, but I do really like 31. 31 is the biggest pleasant surprise ever. We went into that WM thinking it was going to suck and most everything over-delivered. I just remember coming here when the show was ever and nearly everyone was feeling something similar.

Plus, fuck the haters, the ending of 31 is one of my favorite endings ever. Not my most favorite, but it's up there.

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked this topic