DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2018

Dolfan in NYC

Guest Edwin

I remember telling a barcelonista friend of mine either Juve or Roma were the most likely to pull off a quarter final upset and he laughed it off and said Juve's defense looked old -- which is partially true and that Roma had no chance...

Also, Valverde has been great for Barça despite the super cup loss to Madrid and the Champions League elimination and they have spent a lot of money, so I don't get the "Valverde Out" nonsense.

My fondest wish is that the second leg is in Mexico, the score is tied in the dying seconds, the disgusting goats fans do their homophobic gay bashing chant on a goal kick and the ball lands right at the feet of Giovinco who slots it in for the win. That would be beautiful.

Guest Edwin

Spanish paper Marca just tweeted an article where they said Coutinho can still win a treble if Liverpool win the Champions League... Seriously, I couldn't even make this up if I tried.

8 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Bayern vs Madrid. LFC vs Roma

Salzburg vs Marseille. Arsenal vs Athletico.

Dammit if Leipzig had won we would've got the Massive Conflict of Interests Derby.

• Haha 1

Guest Edwin

ICC returns again this year to the U.S. The usual big clubs will be in again.

Nothing like overpriced European b-sides playing a pre-season friendly tournament.

I remember last year they were charging WrestleMania-esque prices for tickets to el Clásico Miami.

7 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

I honestly don't even know what kind of fudgery it would take for Arsenal to beat Atletico Madrid. On paper I don't find those teams close.

If Costa gets a red card in the first match, so Simone had only 10 men and Costa was suspended for the 2nd leg, it could see Wenger getting a win. 

• Haha 1

I saw Joe Cole (yes, THAT Joe Cole) play for the Tampa Bay Rowdies today vs Red Bulls II in USL action at Red Bull Arena in front of about 100 fans (game kicked off an hour after the MLS match ended). His team lost 5-0. 

• Like 1