DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2018

Dolfan in NYC

The Red Bulls have the most absurdly misleading 2-2 record in league history. Team has essentially fielded a reserve side in 3 of them, and today we got Marufo'ed. Also Tim Reading is probably the worst player to play a league match for us since legendary Puerto Rico international Taylor Graham in 2009. Seriously the guy should be waived because he isn't even good enough for USL.

8 hours ago, Dewar said:

He looks offside on the winning goal. By a wide margin.

I saw images that showed he was at least in line with the ball when it was crossed in, which would be onside. However, there is no telling for definite whether the images I saw were straight on enough to say for definite.

Benefit of the doubt should always go to the attacking team though.

DZpZd_WVoAA9FGE.jpg

However, I'm sure there are other angles that would suggest he was offside.

Guest Edwin
On 3/31/2018 at 11:48 PM, sabremike said:

The Red Bulls have the most absurdly misleading 2-2 record in league history. Team has essentially fielded a reserve side in 3 of them, and today we got Marufo'ed. Also Tim Reading is probably the worst player to play a league match for us since legendary Puerto Rico international Taylor Graham in 2009. Seriously the guy should be waived because he isn't even good enough for USL.

Yeah, that dude sucks and ironically, he and Rivas were the 2 involved in the deal for Sacha who assisted the game winner for OC.

OC should've wrapped up the game before having to pull that extra time goal had Justin not been selfish and Mueller actually been good and would've let the ball dropped and then just touched it in instead of the foolish header.

Guest Edwin

Madrid up by 1 at Allianz against Juve and Sevilla and Bayern at 1-1 at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán.

Cristiano opened up in 3 minutes for Madrid, Pablo Sarabía put Sevilla up, but then a Bayern counter attack ended in an OG from Jesús Navas.

Douglas Costa has somewhat struggled on the attack for Juve, but Khedira has been pretty great creatively along the middle, but Juve haven't been able to finish though.

Guest Edwin

He started out in poor form at the start of the season, but he's really turned it around in the second half. That overhead kick goal was amazing.

Marcelo scored another for Madrid, so Juve are pretty much out of the Champions League and they'll have to play the second league without la Joya as he got a red for a second yellow for a poor choice tackle on Carvajal.

Herrera has complained about the refs, the quality of the pitch, and that three of his players were assaulted by a Toronto cop in the tunnel at halftime. TFC has alleged that a Club America assistant coach elbowed a TFC player in the ribs at halftime. Lots and lots of fun going back to Mexico. I assume there will be police cars blaring sirens all night outside of the hotel TFC stays at.

Miguel Herrera can go to hell. As an America hater, him losing to TFC was hilarious and glorious. Seeing Hugo Sanchez whine on Futbol Picante about America's loss was grand. The second leg is going to be a real war, but TFC were able to hang on in El Volcan vs Tigres, which is no easy place to play.

IMO, Zlatan's bicycle kick vs England is more amazing than Ronaldo's bicycle kick vs Juventus, Champions League be damned. Hell, I would take Zlatan's debut MLS goal vs Ronaldo's bicycle kick.

Mo Salah is a very good football player.

Guest Edwin

'Pool trashing City makes me wonder how many more millions is Pep going to have to spend to win the Champions League.

Barça beat Roma handily and we can even say Roma beat themselves.

I don't see any side bouncing back in the second legs.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Clásico Champions League final if they don't draw each other in the semi finals. I don't see 'Pool beating either Spanish side and Bayern could potentially beat either one, but I would still favor either Spanish side over them.

It's awesome seeing the Spanish clubs still dominating in Europe. I'm a huge fan of Spanish and Italian football, but I don't really support any club and am holding myself from supporting any club until I visit the stadiums and get to explore the cities a bit more in the summer. :)

If you told me before this game that we would have a guy sent off and only lose in Guadalajara 1-0 I would've been fucking estatic. We're still in this motherfucker, Tuesday we need to destroy these pendejo shitbags with their vile owner and send their fans walking out of RBA with their tails between their legs. VAMOS METRO!!!

Guest Edwin

Those Dybala to Atleti as Griezmann's replacement rumors are bit odd and unexpected, but they have been picking up steam.

Fee is rumored being €150m or Atleti could throw Savić into the transfer if they want to reduce it. Not sure if letting Savić go is that of an idea as Godín, who's their best defender is getting up their in age and Savić has been solid so he's someone they may want to hold on to.