DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2018

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Congrats, @Sky Blue Sam

Thanks man. What a day. The last 14 months under Mark Robins have been tremendous. Big Checkatrade Trophy win, built a really great squad, got promoted with a big Wembley day out at first time of asking. He's a national (well, Coventrian) treasure.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

Thanks man. What a day. The last 14 months under Mark Robins have been tremendous. Big Checkatrade Trophy win, built a really great squad, got promoted with a big Wembley day out at first time of asking. He's a national (well, Coventrian) treasure.

Think you need to update your avatar to something more cheerful. Congrats Sam!!!

• Like 2

Fabinho to LFC for 45 m Euros. Wow. Fabinho next to Keita is going to be delish. Holy smokes, I didn't think we'd get him and certainly not without something astronomical by today's standards. 

Man, with Fabinho and Keita in and Fekir and a goalkeeper, any goalkeeper possibly to follow, Liverpool could be quite the force next year.

Dammit. 

Why couldn't all transfers go like that too during this transfer saga shite time of year? 

8pm: Liverpool interested in signing Monaco's Fabinho

9.30pm: Liverpool sign Monaco's Fabinho

Meanwhile at United, probably another long drawn out shitty shittyness De Gea to Real/Bale to United sagas for the whole summer while they still try to get Fellaini to sign a new contract so they can lump it up to him with 5 minutes to go while Mourinho eats whatever soul Martial has left and then sells him because he didn't track back that one time against Burnley and then buys a 31 year old to replace him.

FUCK YES.

• Haha 2

Guest Edwin

Spanish media already pushing the same fake JoseMa Giménez to Real Madrid from Atlético de Madrid again... They tried this last year and Colchoneros arrived at Atleti's training ground and asked Giménez to stay and not go to Madrid and just gave them this confused look and left.

Months later he signed an extension with Atleti and he said he would end his career with the club if they were willing to offer him an extension until the end of his career...

These are the same journalist who once tweeted a made up article where they said Filipe Luís was fed up with Atleti and wanted to leave... Only for Filipe Luís himself to reply to the tweet telling them it was a pure lie and he had never said that ever.

Truly pathetic... The Sun levels of pathetic.

The bias towards Real Madrid is obvious in the influence they have over them.

2 hours ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Man, with Fabinho and Keita in and Fekir and a goalkeeper, any goalkeeper possibly to follow, Liverpool could be quite the force next year.

Dammit. 

Why couldn't all transfers go like that too during this transfer saga shite time of year? 

8pm: Liverpool interested in signing Monaco's Fabinho

9.30pm: Liverpool sign Monaco's Fabinho

Meanwhile at United, probably another long drawn out shitty shittyness De Gea to Real/Bale to United sagas for the whole summer while they still try to get Fellaini to sign a new contract so they can lump it up to him with 5 minutes to go while Mourinho eats whatever soul Martial has left and then sells him because he didn't track back that one time against Burnley and then buys a 31 year old to replace him.

FUCK YES.

I jokingly suggested a bale for de Gae swap yesterday to just be done with it already. 

Guest Edwin

Given Bale's CL final performance -- I could see Isco or Lucas (and Kiko, if it's Lucas, right?) for de Gea...

On 5/27/2018 at 11:58 PM, ComingToAmerica said:

It's going to come across as bitter but nonetheless Ramos' 49th minute elbow in the face of Karius was bang out of order, and may have lead to the mistakes. That level of cynicism really makes me not want to follow the game.

Van Dijk pushed him into Karius. The narrative is nice, but it doesn't hold water.

As for the bigger game that happened on Saturday, I was at Wembley to watch Fulham go up. Great atmosphere and just an amazing experience all round.

Ream was pretty much universally acknowledged as our best player this season for those US fans who follow the game. The only guy to play in Jokanovic's first game as manager who is still around.

1 hour ago, Liam said:

Van Dijk pushed him into Karius. The narrative is nice, but it doesn't hold water.

As for the bigger game that happened on Saturday, I was at Wembley to watch Fulham go up. Great atmosphere and just an amazing experience all round.

Ream was pretty much universally acknowledged as our best player this season for those US fans who follow the game. The only guy to play in Jokanovic's first game as manager who is still around.

I have rewatched that clip several times and whilst there is contact, I cannot see anything like that which you describe - certainly not to the extent that Ramos suddenly needs to elbow Karius in the face. And we are talking about Ramos here.

As I say, I lost interest in the game about 10 years ago due to the level of cynicism within the game. I allowed myself to forget that but have been reminded.

I look FWD to supporting Georgia in the college baseball regionals.