SOCCER - SPRING 2018

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Rusev trolling Euro soccer fans is ALWAYS the best part of the European tours:

2519b0fcc26bd2a220662ace66d09301.jpg

"Calm down, calm down!"

• Haha 2

On 5/16/2018 at 10:04 AM, Death From Above said:

I hope West Ham hires big Sam and Everton hires Moyes just to continue the cycle that these two are always present and always like 13th place.

Moyes deserves a fair shot. He was a bad fit in Spain, and was a midseason grasp at both Sunderland and West Ham... and did very well with The Hammers to right the ship and steer them away from relegation. Remember, that club was blown out of the water by a punchless Newcastle team.

He's not a Big Sam or Redknapp yet. 

Guest Edwin
45 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

That Sporting story is crazy.

In short, ultras broke into the training ground and beat up some of the players. 

And they still have to play in the cup final. 

Portuguese football is pretty embarrassing.

Match fixing scandals, clubs paying witch doctors to put curses on rival players, etc.

One of the players attacked was Bas Dost who scored a ridiculous amount of goals for them this season and the past.

I can see a massive exodus with their best players -- Bas Dost, Gelson Martins, Rui Patricio, Marcos Acuna, William Carvalho, Rodrigo Battaglia, etc.

48 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Portuguese football is pretty embarrassing.

Match fixing scandals, clubs paying witch doctors to put curses on rival players, etc.

One of the players attacked was Bas Dost who scored a ridiculous amount of goals for them this season and the past.

I can see a massive exodus with their best players -- Bas Dost, Gelson Martins, Rui Patricio, Marcos Acuna, William Carvalho, Rodrigo Battaglia, etc.

Who are you to doubt witch doctors??? How do you think the Sabres won the lottery? That shit works!!!!!!

Luis Robles' 182 match ironman streak in MLS comes to an end Sunday in Atlanta. This will be long time backup Ryan Mera's first league appearance for us since 2012.

47 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

Frankfurt wins the German Cup against Bayern after two late goals by 3-1. I'm just the bearer of the news, didn't see any of it. Despite VAR intervention, I'm reading that Bayern got denied a penalty in extra time.

Would've been harsh if they had awarded the penalty. Third goal was on a break the other way with an empty net. Whistle blew instantly after the goal.

Guest Edwin

Fernando Torres, Andrés Iniesta and Xabi Prieto are heading out of their childhood clubs today...

El Niño scored a brace in his farewell against Eibar. Rumor is he's heading to Chicago. If so, can't wait and hope he flies over to Orlando for a game.

Not even sure where Iniesta is heading. First he was rumored of going to China, but the transfer feel through and then rumored of going to Japan.

Prieto is retiring as a Real Socieded icon having played his entire career there.

Motherfuck artificial turf in soccer. If you saw the scary scene in Atlanta tonight after Taxi hit his head on that shit and was motionless for minutes and had to be stretchered off you know exactly why I feel that way (not to mention the turf monster also hurting Tyler Adams). We got a huge road win but after all that awful shit it felt like we just lost 5-0.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin
7 hours ago, odessasteps said:

And Sporting lose the Cup final today. Not the best week for them.

A lot of people made big bucks by betting on Aves to pull off the upset.

7 hours ago, odessasteps said:

And yesterday, Zidane had his son start in goal for Madrid. 

I heard he sucked and blew the 2-0 lead.

20 minutes ago, Pete said:

BBC is reporting Unai Emery (ex-PSG) will be in at Arsenal.

What's funny is they broke the news while they were in the middle of discussing Arteta as manager on 5 live at the time 

• Like 1

Plenty of Europa League experience for Emery. Arsenal should get used to that competition for a while, at least until Arsenal decide to hire Big Sam for a relegation battle.

Frank De Boer is now being mentioned as a managerial candidate for Swansea. That could work, in spite of his last stint at Crystal Palace. I would prefer Graham Potter given the amazing job he's done at Ostersunds.