DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2018

Dolfan in NYC

Guest Edwin

What a goal from Dembélé:

He scored a brace and that's why Barça paid the big bucks for him.

5-1 Barça beat Villarreal.

Meanwhile, Madrid lost 3-2 to Sevilla.

And Juve beat Milan 4-0 in the Coppa Italia final.

2 hours ago, sabremike said:

If the current results hold doesn't that mean round 38 is pretty much meaningless because CL, EL and relegation will have all been decided?

Nope. If Liverpool lose at home to Brighton and Chelsea win away at Newcastle, Chelsea will finish 4th and Liverpool 5th.

Just now, Oyaji said:

Nope. If Liverpool lose at home to Brighton and Chelsea win away at Newcastle, Chelsea will finish 4th and Liverpool 5th.

Now that is the case, but when that was posted Chelsea was losing. As much as I hate the vermin it would be hilarious if Chelsea pipped them to the 4 spot but got fucked out of the spot after your lot beat Madrid.

8 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Technically, Swansea is still alive, but need a ten goal swing and win and have Saints lose, 

Again, may not be impossible if City feel like they have something to prove.

Carlos Carvalhal reportedly done with Swansea after Sunday. One of the names mentioned as a possible replacement is Chris Coleman, who was last at Sunderland who were relegated to League One. Ugh, these coaching carousels are just as dogshit as they are for pro sports in the US.

Guest Edwin

I'm a big fan of Fernando Torres and would have loved if he would have come to Orlando last year. Glad I'll still get a chance to watch him play live at some point whenever Chicago come to the Orlando City Stadium.

15 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I think this is probably a fair way to look at the Rooney news.

What teams like us and Atlanta have done in getting young DP's from South America who can tear shit up is a million times smarter than spending stupid money on Euro dinosaurs. Kaku>Wayne.

44 minutes ago, sabremike said:

What teams like us and Atlanta have done in getting young DP's from South America who can tear shit up is a million times smarter than spending stupid money on Euro dinosaurs. Kaku>Wayne.

As an Atlanta United supporter, I definitely agree, but Atlanta definitely has to worry about mid-season transfers from European suitors for both Almiron and Martinez. Although, Josef has his moments where he's quite frustrating to watch. I think he's had more goals called off for off-sides this year than anyone else in MLS.

9 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I will pick up Rooney at BWI and drive him to the office to sign the contract. 

So would I because it's exactly the type of move you SHOULDN'T make in 2018 MLS. I can't wait to see us press them to death and see Wayne blow up in the August heat and have to be subbed at the half. Now they just need to give ratfaced walking tub of herpes Ben Olsen a lifetime contract so he can continue his glorious work in making them total crap.

34 minutes ago, sabremike said:

So would I because it's exactly the type of move you SHOULDN'T make in 2018 MLS. I can't wait to see us press them to death and see Wayne blow up in the August heat and have to be subbed at the half. Now they just need to give ratfaced walking tub of herpes Ben Olsen a lifetime contract so he can continue his glorious work in making them total crap.