DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2018

Dolfan in NYC

I just hope the sacks of shit who last year went up to one of my friends and celebrated our friend Glen Stamp passing away were in the building yesterday. Hope they had a nice trip back to Tuckahoe, Yonkers or Rye. Glen, yesterday was for you.

Guest Edwin

Wild el Clásico as usual; 2-2.

Messi was magical again. Some quality saves from Navas.

Sergi got a red and I'm surprised Bale wasn't sent off for Madrid too as he should have been.

The ref. was bad. Should have given Madrid the PK from the Jordi Alba foul in the box on Marcelo.

Gdczp1zcGTlg6-WszgmFsEeyTygG7KjGGosCGS0W

Fun graph showing the complete insanity at the bottom of the Championship table yesterday. In the end Bolton stayed up by the skin of their teeth while Burton and Barnsley followed Sunderland down to League One.

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Gdczp1zcGTlg6-WszgmFsEeyTygG7KjGGosCGS0W

Fun graph showing the complete insanity at the bottom of the Championship table yesterday. In the end Bolton stayed up by the skin of their teeth while Burton and Barnsley followed Sunderland down to League One.

Too bad, would've been nice to see the Munich chanting imbreds get relegated.

24 minutes ago, Liam said:

As a Fulham fan, I'm gutted we didn't get promoted.

However, as a Fulham fan, I'm hoping that we get to go to Wembley.

Can only hope.

The playoff semis:

Fulham vs Derby
Aston Villa vs Middlesbrough

As usual, my two promotion faves (Cottagers/Rams) get drawn against each other in one semi.

Swansea plays last place Stoke and need to win.

Huddersfield have 2 games left, but it's Chelsea and Arsenal. A draw in either and they live, but if Swansea beats Stoke and Huddersfield lose both, they are gone on goal difference for sure.

• Like 1

The final day skinny...

16  Southampton 37 7 15 15 37 55 -18 36
Lost to Chelsea Drew with Leicester Won against AFC Bournemouth Drew with Everton Won against Swansea
17  Huddersfield 36 9 9 18 27 56 -29 36
Lost to Newcastle Drew with Brighton Won against Watford Lost to Everton Drew with Man City
18  Swansea 37 8 9 20 27 54 -27 33
Drew with Everton Lost to Man City 

Huddersfield have a game at hand and only need one point (against Chelsea and Arsenal) for safety.
Southampton are safe barring a ten-goal swing on Sunday.
Swansea need Huddersfield to lose both matches, then beat Stoke on Sunday to survive.

I hope Swansea get relegated because of their shitbag fans and their "Bob Bradley is a stupid Yank who knows nothing about football" bullshit. Pretentious fucks, hope they suffer.

35 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Well he did refer to the pitch as "the field".

Again: pretentious fucks. Hope they end up out of the league in a few years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Huddersfield have 2 games left, but it's Chelsea and Arsenal. A draw in either and they live, but if Swansea beats Stoke and Huddersfield lose both, they are gone on goal difference for sure.

That's Swansea's only hope. The problem has been that during this 7 game winless streak, they have only scored two goals. That's no way to stay up. I'm starting to think Carvalhal might not be a good manager, but the players haven't been great, either. Bringing the band back together like Nathan Dyer and Andre Ayew hasn't worked out either. 

They also could have buried West Brom but only got a draw which along with a new manager lit  a fire under West Brom. 

Bob Bradley may have been good in 1998 when the Chicago Fire won the MLS Cup in their inaugural season. 

Tom Ricketts: All In on USL Chicago. The Chicago Tribune is reporting he is buying a majority ownership stake in the expansion franchise. I didn't even know Chicago had been awarded a USL franchise. 

Their site for a stadium would be in Chicago proper in an area proposed for Amazon should they select Chicago as a 2nd HQ, so they might get more support than the Fire do. 

Guest Edwin

Orlando City are on a 6 game win streak. Playing Atlanta on Sunday afternoon which will be a tough one. I'm thinking of attending as I'm a big Barco fan and I'd love to see him live.

Really digging watching OC this season. Meram has struggled to get on the scoresheet, but he's put together some key passes that have turned into assist.

Dwyer, Mueller, Big Joe, Sane, Amro, El Monir, Yoshi, etc. have all been great this season.

20 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Considering Southampton play Man City and Swansea play already-relegated Stoke, I could almost see the 10-goal swing happen if City turn on the afterburners. You could even get Swansea and Huddersfield surviving while the Saints go down. Not saying it's likely, just be funny if it did. :lol:

If the current results hold doesn't that mean round 38 is pretty much meaningless because CL, EL and relegation will have all been decided?