"YOU WANT ME TO HAVE A PARTNER? FINE!"

*Braun walks around tearing shit apart like he does.*

"HEY YOU! YOU'RE MY NEW PARTNER!"

*Camera pans over and it's James Ellsworth*

(***)

"YOU JUST STAND THERE AND I'LL DO EVERYTHING."

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

There's substantial evidence out there that Roman isn't a draw.  I don't have the numbers in front of me but I know for a fact that the WrestleMania in Dallas was NOT selling very well and business only picked up when it was announced that Undertaker would be fighting Shane in a Hell in a Cell.  

Then you look at television ratings and they are pretty stable except that there's clear evidence Braun's segments often do better than anyone else. 

Then you look at house show numbers and live attendance for RAW and PPVs and they are all down across the board since Cena went part time. 

I don't dislike Roman Reigns the performer or the person.  But this latest superman push is not working.  

If you want to go off of YouTube numbers, I believe no one gets as many views as Braun does. It started with the ambulance flip. That shot to something like 5 or 7 million views in less than a week. It's currently resting at 18 million views, which is one of their most viewed videos this year. Braun's videos on YouTube regularly hit the millions and they get there faster than anyone else. Shit, Braun kicking ass in the battle royal last week is already at 2.5 million views. 

I think that's pretty remarkable.

34 minutes ago, Craig H said:

"YOU WANT ME TO HAVE A PARTNER? FINE!"

*Braun walks around tearing shit apart like he does.*

"HEY YOU! YOU'RE MY NEW PARTNER!"

*Camera pans over and it's James Ellsworth*

(***)

"YOU JUST STAND THERE AND I'LL DO EVERYTHING."

This would actually be perfect.  Braun mows down The Bar for like 12 minutes, then Ellsworth tags himself in and gets rolled up in 5 seconds.   

Keep the titles where they should be, keep Braun strong, and Ellsworth gets to die again as an enraged Braun turns his bones into literal mush. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Yeah they are totally grinning with Sonya clearing trying to turn her head away from the camera. I'm just curious what was so funny that they lost themselves there.

Sasha had Mexican food for dinner and shit herself.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Yeah they are totally grinning with Sonya clearing trying to turn her head away from the camera. I'm just curious what was so funny that they lost themselves there.

May have been something a fan yelled. Mandy turned around to yell back at the fan then Paige yelled at the fan too(which you could see in the clip) as they are both laughing in the ring.

13 hours ago, Craig H said:

If you want to go off of YouTube numbers, I believe no one gets as many views as Braun does. It started with the ambulance flip. That shot to something like 5 or 7 million views in less than a week. It's currently resting at 18 million views, which is one of their most viewed videos this year. Braun's videos on YouTube regularly hit the millions and they get there faster than anyone else. Shit, Braun kicking ass in the battle royal last week is already at 2.5 million views. 

I think that's pretty remarkable.

Actually, no one consistently gets as many views as Roman does on YouTube. And those 18 million views with Braun? Roman's in that video too. 

I think the issue with this Ultimate Deletion was that they seemed to be taking it too seriously. Yeah it was kind of wacky in places, but it was more like they were trying for a real fight feel. The TNA ones were not taken as seriously and were way more tongue-in-cheek with sly references and winks to the audience. This one seemed more like that horrid Bray and Randy House of Horrors match where they wanted it to look more like a real fight. I think that is where the disconnect between the two comes and why this one wasn't as favored as the originals

The problem with Ultimate Deletion is that it's a large corporation's over-produced attempt at trying to look cool and mimic the low budget thing that people were originally talking about. That never works. I'll bet $5 Vince saw it and immediately said "What the fuck is this shit? I don't get it. Scrap the whole thing!" at which point Stephanie handed him a smoothie and patted him on the head saying "Of course dad" while shaking her head no. 

• Like 6

Someone compared the WWE's take on the Broken gimmick to be like a big budget remake of The Room that totally didn't get the spirit of it.  The Ultimate Deletion was better than I thought it would be but think it would have been a lot better had it been longer and aired in several different segments throughout the evening. I like how Bray confronted Vanguard 1 as if sentient drones were a regular thing he was used to talking to.

• Like 2

Ultimate Deletion was nowhere near Final Deletion. But it had its moments. The Senior Benjamin and Brother Nero cameos were cool as was Reby Hardy playing Brays theme on piano. It did feel like a big budget sequel to a little indy flick though. It had all the same spots as Final Deletion (fireworks, a ladder etc). The slapsticky cartoon comedy bugged me.

Also WWE cut it from the Hulu Raw and people complained about it enough on twitter that Hulu commented saying they have now say over what WWE cuts out of Raws that make them 90 minutes. They are given the edit and put it up.

Final Deletion = Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus. It's dumb as hell but you have fun watching how bad it is.

Ultimate Deletion = Sharknado 5. It's also dumb but it's been refined and tested to get the perfect level of dumb and feels a little fake as a result

• Like 3

10 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Final Deletion = Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus. It's dumb as hell but you have fun watching how bad it is.

Ultimate Deletion = Sharknado 5. It's also dumb but it's been refined and tested to get the perfect level of dumb and feels a little fake as a result

That is also the issue I have with the second half of Trapped In The Closet by R. Kelly. He had no idea that the first one was dumb, and he took it totally seriously, and it was fucking phenomenal. But for the second one, he was in on the joke and tried to run with it, and it seems so forced that it doesn't work anymore.

Edited by grilledcheese
Changed a phrase
  • Like 2

It does seem a bit like "Hey, we know these are the lines you guys popped for before so we're going to do them again." vs. how just far out of left field some of the original hardyz segments were.  One of my favorite stupid bits they ever did was when Matt's riding in his car having a conversation and it turns out that Vanguard-1 is the one driving the car and it buzzes into the air after they pull over.

• Like 1

On 22/03/2018 at 5:51 AM, L_W_P said:

I mean at this point it’s not new or fresh. It’s at Friday The 13th sequel level. Which I loved because I dig terrible horror films with slightly raised budgets.

• Like 1