DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Ultimately Deleted - 3/19/2018

Dolfan in NYC

My favourite Coachman moment tonight was him getting upset at Brock for attacking Roman on the stretcher and saying (paraphrased): "It's one thing to attack a man in handcuffs but this is going too far" at which point Cole and Graves both shout something like "No! Attacking a handcuffed man was too far before this!"

Also loved Coach making fun of Graved Mean Girls reference only to realize halfway that he understood it. 

Oh also Coach talking up Deville said that athletes coming from MMA are more physical which really puts over about 2% of the roster while burying the other 98.  

Coach's return to commentary might be more detrimental to Raw than its three hour runtime.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, caley said:

My favourite Coachman moment tonight was him getting upset at Brock for attacking Roman on the stretcher and saying (paraphrased): "It's one thing to attack a man in handcuffs but this is going too far" at which point Cole and Graves both shout something like "No! Attacking a handcuffed man was too far before this!"

Also loved Coach making fun of Graved Mean Girls reference only to realize halfway that he understood it. 

Oh also Coach talking up Deville said that athletes coming from MMA are more physical which really puts over about 2% of the roster while burying the other 98.  

Coach's return to commentary might be more detrimental to Raw than its three hour runtime.

Coach is terrible. Then Rollins joined the booth and somehow made it even worse.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I’m really happy for Matt. 

I’ve watched way too much Justified, because my immediate reaction was “This isn’t under the marshals' purview.” And I, as a Canadian, somehow know this. 

If Walton Goggins would have appeared I would have lost my shit. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, caley said:

The level to which Cole and Graves have to cover for him is embarrassing. It's as if he's never watched wrestling before and doesn't understand basic story progression. Does he even attend meetings/sessions with Cole and Graves so he'll know what page to be on with them? Because it sure doesn't sound like it.

At this point I feel like they are deliberately messing with Coach as a way of getting back at him for leaving.

Kinda saying "See, you are just a talking head from ESPN. You have no idea how this REALLY works."

It's getting to Mark Madden levels of "what is going on?" though...

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I believe in her promo Sasha confirmed her and Bayley are wasted in the women's battle royal.  So with AJ Styles possibly injured,  what's left to look forward to?  Not a lot...  

...FUCK.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I just think it's funny that you bring up crowd reaction when the MAIN EVENT of WM is going to have 70,000 people booing the face of the company and being otherwise apathetic to the other guy who is leaving for UFC.  

Dallas doesn't speak for everyone.  Women's wrestling has gotten great reactions in other venues. 

And Bayley and Sasha aren’t getting great reactions anywhere these days. 

Maybe it’s just tonight’s segement soured me more than I had been but neither cut a good promo, came across as whiners and got What’d into submission before Sonya Deville kicked their head off. This angle isn’t really peaking here.

Also, in regards to the main event of Mania having the face being booed...I dunno, I think Ronda armbarring Stephanie will get a good pop.

In all seriousness, look at how hot the stuff with Brock and Roman has been; look at how hot the other top line singles programs are getting over and argue that Bayley vs Sasha is a main card Mania singles program in anyway that isn’t based on Brooklyn nostalgia or *clap clap, you deserve it* pandering.

Oh, and to clarify, I know that Orton is defending the US title but would anyone be shocked if that headlines the kickoff show? It’s just throwing Sasha and Bayley in a popcorn match five hours into a show just isn’t doing anyone any good. Have them carry the jobbette battle royale and at least make it *seem* like a big deal the first year.

Double-post.

Anyway: I think it’s silly to treat the Mania crowd like it’s the ECW Arena for Cyberslam ‘96 and they’re only gonna  root for the underdog Internet faves. 

Look at the reaction everything with John Cena is getting in regards to Undertaker. Look at how the Roman and Brock stuff is getting over. Look at how Rousey is getting over. People thinking this is going to be some hijacked Wrestlemania crowd rebelling against the company is really, really misreading the fanbase these days.

6 hours ago, caley said:

3 person commentary teams are detrimental to the shows.

• Like 4

Bray has been in two of the five best matches of the decade. Wyatts/Shield is an all-time great feud. The 2014 EC match is in the argument for greatest WWE match of all-time. The Raw rematch and a bunch of others in that series (and re-visits years later) are all insanely good. Bray was the foil for Daniel Bryan's "Pop of the Decade" when Bryan finally got him alone in the cage. Their Royal Rumble match was Bryan's best match during his best run. 

The dude is awesome. Thankfully, he's a great enough performer for them to get him into good stuff at anytime he want. 

• Like 2

I thought The Ultimate Deletion dragged a bit because they had to go to every spooky part of the compound. They could have started the fight off in the Dome of Deletion rather than having to make their way there. 

I hope Bray's trip into the Lake of Reincarnation does give him a bit of a reboot. I would love to see him go back to being all Max Cady/Rev. Harry Powell. Of course they never had the guts to let him go full on Kevin Sullivan with the Wyatt Family. I mean Eric Rowan as The Purple Haze could have been so much fun. I wish they kept him over on Smackdown though. He was getting some of that magic back especially when he finally won the title.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I still have no goddamn idea why he lost the title in the first place to fucking Randy Orton of all people.

Randy got legit Death By Elbow'd by Brock at the prior year's SummerSlam so it was probably a make-good.  

8 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I’m really happy for Matt. 

I’ve watched way too much Justified, because my immediate reaction was “This isn’t under the marshals' purview.” And I, as a Canadian, somehow know this. 

We dug coal together.

4 hours ago, Hagan said:

Look at how the Roman and Brock stuff is getting over....

People thinking this is going to be some hijacked Wrestlemania crowd rebelling against the company is really, really misreading the fanbase these days.

The crowd literally chanted "You deserve it!" to a guy who had been beaten up while handcuffed and strapped to a gurney. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

The crowd literally chanted "You deserve it!" to a guy who had been beaten up while handcuffed and strapped to a gurney. 

Jesus Christ...I should have listened to Rippa and others when they pointed out that them getting this right for one week doesn't mean they finally figured out how to get Roman over as a face. They've completely fucked him up. Again. And worse than before!

Week 1: Perfect booking. Roman speaks the truth, does an obviously scripted "pipe bomb" and it's like, hell yeah man, you're right! Fuck Brock!

Week 2: Roman says some similar stuff, this time calls out Vince McMahon, gets suspended and...THAT'S IT?!? Are you fucking kidding me? You're just going to leave just like that? No fighting back? You're not coming back later in the show? Vince is going to say he'll be respected and you just respect him? What kind of shitty ass face are you? It's like WWE creative has no clue what type of WWE face gets over the most and it sure as hell isn't the kind that respects their boss.

Week 3: This reminded me so much of the stuff with Braun and Roman that I bet creative thought that if it worked before then surely it will work again with having Brock destroy Roman. Except it doesn't work. Not one bit. So not only did they have Roman leave like a good little boy after his daddy grounded him, he comes back through the crowd IN HIS FUCKING RING GEAR because nothing says suspended and not being in the building like showing up in your ring gear like a fucking dork, and then he gets his ass beat by Brock.

They want so badly to have Roman be this Cena-like dude and he's not fucking remotely close. It's astonishing how this company never learns and even when the lesson is so easy and the template is so easy to follow they just botch it anyway. Roman is fucked. My interest in Roman vs Brock has serious dipped over the last couple weeks after being on a sugar high that first week.

So the guy WWE wants you to desperately see as the top babyface talks shit about Brock, talks shit about Vince, gets suspended by Vince and does nothing to retaliate, he just walks out of the building, and then he gets his ass beat for talking shit about Brock. Roman is objectively the worst face imaginable.

Meanwhile, the guy who should be the top baby face destroys sets and semi trailers when he gets suspended, he backs up his words, he has no quit in him, and he's like something from a Mastodon album with the tenacity of an unstoppable killing machine.

• Like 6