DVDVR Message Board

2018 - 2019 NCAA BASKETBALL SEASON THREAD

RIPPA

This should have its own thread because there is too much stuff getting lost in the tournament discussion.

As mentioned already - Georgia has hired Tom Crean

Tubby Smith is out at Memphis but they haven't hired Penny Hardaway... yet

And 8 players from Pittsburgh are asking to be allowed to transfer due to Kevin Stallings being fired

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Kermit Davis is the new Ole Miss coach after 16 seasons at MTSU.

"We’re going to be a respectful team that respects the flag and the national anthem. All those things from culture is what we’re about. It’s who we’re going to be"

Nobody tell him what the whole 'Rebels' thing is about.

Fucking dolt.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:16 PM, RIPPA said:

Dan Hurley is leaving Rhode Island to be the next UCONN HC

EDIT - Story notes he was choosing between UCONN, throwing himself into a dark hole in the ground, and staying at RI

I like Pitt, but it's going to be tough for anyone to win there right now.

Also, have I mentioned I despise Mark Madden? 'Cause I really, really do.  I'm channel surfing last night around midnight, and pan by the local tv sports talk show that only runs once a week on Sundays after the local news.  And, of course, Madden is on my tv.  And, of course, he's bitching about how this year's tournament is the most mediocre he can remember (not a fan of upsets, apparently).  And, of course, he works in mention of how much he dislikes Sister Jean.  Yep. taking on a 98-year-old nun.  There's a good look.

Also, Madden is made for radio.  Tv, not so much.  Jabba the Hut - who Madden kinda reminds me of - is more telegenic. 

• Like 1

Darius Bazley, a top-10 recruit in the class of 2018 and McDonalds All-American, has decommitted from Syracuse and will instead play in the D League next year.  He is, by a fairly wide margin, the highest profile player to do so.  

I'll be interested to see how it works out and whether more people follow his example.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Darius Bazley, a top-10 recruit in the class of 2018 and McDonalds All-American, has decommitted from Syracuse and will instead play in the D League next year.  He is, by a fairly wide margin, the highest profile player to do so.  

I'll be interested to see how it works out and whether more people follow his example.

I hope he succeeds and a lot more kids follow his example.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Women's college basketball legend Anne Donovan is dead at the age of heart failure. She was only 56

She was the coach at East Carolina when I was covering the AU women's team.

God that sucks