DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] March 14th 2018 Discussion

Niners Fan in CT

Damn this is such a great show.   It's really hitting on all cylinders heading to New Orleans.  The U.K. title match between Pete Dunne and Adam Cole was great stuff.  Dunne is amazing. Every thing he did had a purpose and looked vicious. Those damn forearms wow..  

I loved that Street Profits vs. Heavy Machinery tag in the Dusty Classic.  Nothing out of this world but it had some fun comedy bits and both teams look like they have a future.   So much charisma in both teams. 

Ciampa is so fucking good. It's amazing. He does nothing and gets all-time levels of heat.

Baszler is amazing. Just carries her as a killer like no one else in the business today. Moon is fantastic as well. Kai was really good in her bit to. Excitement turning to terror. Great segment.

NXT has so many truly great heels it's breathtaking.

WTF I can't get get the stupid WWE Network to play this week's edition. I tried the Windows app and the app on Roku. Basically the first few seconds play and then it's right back to the main menu. Grrr...

Let Aleister show a little bit of his personality and suddenly his promos become better. Go figure?  Granted, Zelina helped quite a bit there but that was still a fun segment.

SP vs HM was fun though I would have preferred HM won.

Shayna is an amazing monster. The of terror on poor Dakota's face was perfect. I'm going to need Shayna to just murder Ember come Takeover. Shayna's reign will be awesome, especially when she fights Nikki.

Dunne/Cole did little for me. I just don't care much for Cole.

That last segment was easily the best Black has been on the mic. We are so lucky to have Vega.

Dunne turning face solely because he wants to knock out Adam Cole instead of Tyler Bate is perfect booking.

Watching him all I can think is you could book Dunne vs Lesnar for Mania and two seconds of Dunne giving that “I’m going to fuck you up” stare would make fans buy into it straight away.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeathyBoy said:

Dunne turning face solely because he wants to knock out Adam Cole instead of Tyler Bate is perfect booking.

Watching him all I can think is you could book Dunne vs Lesnar for Mania and two seconds of Dunne giving that “I’m going to fuck you up” stare would make fans buy into it straight away.

Yeah, it was weird seeing Dunne as the de facto face if only because Cole & Co, are so obnoxious. Funny thing is, he worked his heel offense and still came out as the guy that we were pulling for. How good is this fucking kid? I like the idea of the dark/light alliance with Dunne/Roddy, has oodles of potential with Roddy just wanting to win and trying to reign in Dunne's darkside and Dunne just cheerfully fucking people up because that's what he does.

7 hours ago, turk128 said:

Fantastic all around.

But, yeah, Zelina almost stole the show with short time she had.

Zelina is one of those rare talents that elevates everyone around her. She can think on her feet and cover for others flubs so they don't look stupid, I hate to see her ruined with scripted promos on the main roster, she's one of those people that you can just trust to ad lib and make everything work. That was easily the best that Black has been on the mic and a good bit of the credit goes to Zelina for setting the table for him.

5 hours ago, OSJ said:

Zelina is one of those rare talents that elevates everyone around her. She can think on her feet and cover for others flubs so they don't look stupid, I hate to see her ruined with scripted promos on the main roster, she's one of those people that you can just trust to ad lib and make everything work. That was easily the best that Black has been on the mic and a good bit of the credit goes to Zelina for setting the table for him.

And I hope they keep Zelina as a full time mouthpiece (rare  matches are fine when it helps further story).

Zelina is like Bliss' sister from another father. That one time Zelina went off on the pre-show before the Takeover reminded me so much of Bliss in similar situation (Bliss is wonderful winging it on pre-show interviews and her times on Talking Smack).

Cole/Dunne was just as good as Strong/Dunne until the non-finish. Adam Cole is such a great weasely heel that mostly gets his ass kicked, but is tough and crafty enough to be credible on offense when he gets an opening. The timing on the backflip superkick was really good.

Guess I should give Black some slack for his recent promo work and blame those terrible brooding promos entirely on the writing. He pulled off the standard WWE smartass face material just fine.