DVDVR Message Board

SmackDown Live is Viking Kronik - 3/13/18

Zakk_Sabbath

I had a bent fork I wore as a necklace because I saw Chris Cornell wearing one, and teenage me loved Soundgarden. Soundgarden is still one of my favorite bands.

...and there's nothing wrong with ska or ska friends

• Like 2

Problem is the angle was designed to build to Ellsworth cashing in. Carmella was secondary, then WWE backed down on Ellsworth vs Charlotte. So Carmella has the case and is not really good at anything and no good angle to her being champion. 

At this point she should try to cash in on exhausted Asuka and get Hakai'd. 

I can't believe the whole thread is about Carmella but I think she's talented.  She's improving in the ring and out of the ring she is one of the better talkers in the women's division.  She cuts some pretty good promos and her backstage stuff with New Day is great.  She's far less wooden than some of the mid 2000s women that she's been compared to.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

People would have to be friends with ska fans for that to be possible.

Never saw any of my ska friends ever wear that. But they were more ska-core kids who liked shit like Choking Victim as much as they liked the Specials, so to be fair they were a more dressed-down crowd. 

• Like 1

Carmella has been quite entertaining recently but she’s about the 8th or 9th best wrestler in that division and with Asuka and Charlotte being presented as clearly above the rest of the pack, her getting a title run now would be the lady equivalent of a Jinder Mahal reign.

I mean, they had all the time in the world to build her up but they didn’t. It’s a little late now.

53 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Carmella has been quite entertaining recently but she’s about the 8th or 9th best wrestler in that division and with Asuka and Charlotte being presented as clearly above the rest of the pack, her getting a title run now would be the lady equivalent of a Jinder Mahal reign.

I mean, they had all the time in the world to build her up but they didn’t. It’s a little late now.

She's been back on TV consistently after spending fall and winter in witness protection.  WWE usually doesn't bother to be subtle in it's midcard booking, so I assume she's going to cash in her MitB briefcase at WrestleMania.

Carmella running in after the match and cashing in on Asuka makes sense on a lot of levels.  It avoids the pitfall of putting your belt on a wrestler who may go back to the other show after WM; it avoids the "Who will break the streak" problem, which is going to get problematic because after awhile fans will stop paying attention when Asuka wrestles Alicia Fox or some other jobber on tv (let's face it': Alicia Fox will not be the one to break Asuka's streak); and it sets up Asuka's next storyline.

While I think it makes sense, I'll still be annoyed if they go in that direction.  Not something that will drive me to watch the show.

The women in general are going to be dreadfully predictable for a while. The have like 3 superpowers (Asuka, Charlotte, soon to be Ronda) that will be protected as hell until they have their round robin of 'big matches' whenever they decide to do them.

15 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I can't believe the whole thread is about Carmella but I think she's talented.  She's improving in the ring and out of the ring she is one of the better talkers in the women's division.  She cuts some pretty good promos and her backstage stuff with New Day is great.  She's far less wooden than some of the mid 2000s women that she's been compared to.  

I think Carmella is decent but she's been floundering since they got rid of Ellsworth. And one flash win over Naomi isn't going to suddenly help her credibility. 

16 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Carmella is probably going to get Corbin'd.

I just find it very hard to believe they would have both the briefcase winners from the same year fail

Granted - they waited long enough that folks might have forgotten that Corbin had the MITB briefcase (though he has brought it up a few times recently)

I saw the Shane McMahon attack when it was replayed on Smackdown Live the following week. LOL at Shane McMahon's gasping sell. When Shane does anything physical, it's like he owes Mark Henry air bills and this some.

On 3/14/2018 at 5:02 PM, Cristobal said:

A friend and I got into a debate about the bump Shane took, with my friend claiming it was reckless and unnecessary (which would be par for the course with Shane tbf) and me saying it wasn't nearly as dangerous as he was saying.

I went all Cristobalumbo on him, taking pictures of paused moments to illustrate my case (he only fell a couple feet, and that crossbar thingy looked to have padding on it) but basically the debate ended when I showed this picture (spoilered for size)

Hide contents

29187122_1886158831395825_89592770404443

cuz now it just looks like Kevin was eating Shane's ass.

This cracked (pun not intended) me up.