DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Empowering Women - 3/12/2018

Dolfan in NYC

9 hours ago, username said:

All of you are thinking too hard as to who else they could use if not Moolah.

It should be named after Stephanie McMahon.  It is totally something she would kayfabe do and either a heel would get easy heat thanking trophy Steph all the time, or a face would get great heat smashing the darn thing.

The trophy could look like Steph and the winner has to carry it with them. Feeling creeped out at all times because she thinks the eyes are following her.

She tries to throw it away but Steph finds it and happily hands it to her, thinking it was an accident. 

• Like 6

On some level, I appreciate the cognitive dissonance of the company with this. Stephanie "Charity is the future of PR" McMahon has such a soft spot for Grandma that she both rejects the rumors but also ignores that the existence of the rumors MAY provide bad press for the company during the biggest spotlight time of the year and when they are negotiating a new contract. 

FWIW - I really hope (and imagine) that the answer is that they just refuse to believe that the sweet old women they knew was a monster and not that they don't care that she was a monster. There's a pretty crucial distinction in my mind there. 

As far as naming it after someone else, I mean...fuck...the issue is why is there even a women's battle royal? Why is there a men's battle royal? Is our life better if Nattie or Rhyno make Wrestlemania? 

27 minutes ago, Hagan said:

As far as naming it after someone else, I mean...fuck...the issue is why is there even a women's battle royal? Why is there a men's battle royal? Is our life better if Nattie or Rhyno make Wrestlemania? 

Our lives may not, but Nattie and Rhyno's lives will certainly be better with that Mania payday.

• Like 8

Oh man , 

7 hours ago, Victator said:

The trophy could look like Steph and the winner has to carry it with them. Feeling creeped out at all times because she thinks the eyes are following her.

She tries to throw it away but Steph finds it and happily hands it to her, thinking it was an accident. 

Oh man,

if they hire the person who made the creepy Lucielle Ball statue that go replaced to make the statue:

npr---ap268251693498---08-02-16-5-_custo

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hagan said:

FWIW - I really hope (and imagine) that the answer is that they just refuse to believe that the sweet old women they knew was a monster and not that they don't care that she was a monster. There's a pretty crucial distinction in my mind there. 

I  imagine they feel there are not enough first hand accounts and it is rumor and innuendo. Actually I can definitely say that is what they think. That is their entire corporate mentality. 

I think they only backed down because they have to fight the fans on things Vince finds more important than defending the honor of an old bag who was half dust in 1999. 

On 3/13/2018 at 3:57 AM, The Natural said:

Name it after Sensational Sherri or Miss Elizabeth, not fucking Moolah.

C'mon WWE.

Good news to wake up to. I expected WWE to hold their noses at the outcry. Like to think the combination of said outcry and sponsors made the change.

On 3/13/2018 at 12:19 PM, Hagan said:

I think this is one of those year's that the Roman backlash is overstated. Is anyone stoked for the Big Dog to be celebrating underneath the fireworks again? Not particularly, but I think they're doing a good job with this unconventional build and I do think that Roman has established himself enough with match quality that fans aren't going to throw a hissy fit when him and Brock go twenty. 

I mean, Cena/UT and the Rousey Variety Hour are the actual main events but I'm gonna bet that Roman and Brock tear the house down and have that crowd pretty hot. 

It is not the Roman aspect that is the problem. It is the Brock aspect that lost it's luster.I was interested in Brock vs AJ because it was AJ Styles. I would have been more invested in Finn vs Brock but only marginally. But Brock vs Roman II with abuild that they are doing everything they can to invest in Roman's character by attaching, again, the reviled Roman is the enemy of the Authority gimmick calling Brock "Vince's boy" is not helping matters. If that match is the main event, if I were in the crowd, I would leave before the match started. Every Roman main event has been disappointing to me. Every single one. And there is no Taker retirement(except not really), no excitement for Brock Lesnar to keep me around and interested.Shit I turned off the TV during Roman vs Triple H and I went to Wrestlemania last year wanting to leave early because I did not want to get caught up in I-4 traffic but a friend really wanted to see undertaker's supposed last match. There is no interest to keep me around if this dude is the main event again.