DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Empowering Women - 3/12/2018

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

People aren't big fans of building idols for known predators.

It's the chicken little culture. If people knew how to pick their battles, maybe these things would work. But every other day it is something new. Is it really buildg an idol. The just named a piss break battle royal after the most famous woman wrestler they could think of. 

3 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

They seem hellbent on rehabilitating the image of Madusa these days. Why not her? (Aside from her being batshit crazy, fairly sure she's scoring an N/A on the pimping front).

She also celebrated a man murdering a teen on Twitter. Since people value Twitter so much. 

3 hours ago, Victator said:

It's the chicken little culture. If people knew how to pick their battles, maybe these things would work. But every other day it is something new. Is it really buildg an idol. The just named a piss break battle royal after the most famous woman wrestler they could think of. 

You're not wrong, you just strike a tone. 

Which I'm sure is an assessment you don't mind.

Feel free to dress me down if I've crossed a line. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rows said:

With the exception of Taker/Shane at 32, HHH has had the longest match at ever Mania since HBK retired.

With the exception of Triple H vs. Undertaker both times and vs. Daniel Bryan, the others felt twice as long. Less is more.

3 hours ago, nate said:

Sherri Martel is a decent choice, aye?

Yes. I brought up Sensational Sherri and Miss Elizabeth earlier on.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nate said:

Sherri Martel is a decent choice, aye?

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

With the exception of Triple H vs. Undertaker both times and vs. Daniel Bryan, the others felt twice as long. Less is more.

Yes. I brought up Sensational Sherri and Miss Elizabeth earlier on.

Shitty old lady who pimped and abused young women > women who died young due to the wrestling business' drug culture, in their minds

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Shitty old lady who pimped and abused young women > women who died young due to the wrestling business' drug culture, in their minds

This is precisely correct. It goes back to that JJ quote about Moolah being a survivor. She made it through six decades in the business and died rich, so she's a more admirable figure to them than someone with personal and professional issues that died young. It doesn't matter to them how Moolah did it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If they wanted to name it after the most well known female wrestler who's passed away it would be Chyna, and with her being the first woman to enter a Royal Rumble naming a battle royal after her would have actually made a little sense.

Someone else mentioned WWE doesn't want to draw attention to wrestlers dying young. So Sherri and Liz are out. Madusa is a living nut job and could embarrass the company. I don't know what kind of terms Wendi Richter is on with the company. But they probably fear she could drop dead.  WWE only cares about image. They think died young from drugs is worse than alleged piece of shit. 

The 98 and on generation are too young. I don't think Trish or Lita want a legends award named after them at 39 or 40. 

Surprised they did not use Mae Young again. But the tourney was aimed at hardcores who would know the rumors and stories of Moolah. 

June Beyer and Mildred Burke would work, but they never worked for any iteration of WWE.  

It might be time to bring back the Terri Invitational Tourney, think of the trophy.  

• Haha 1

It should be Mildred Burke. She's already in the hall, so there's precedent for acknowledging her, and she did more for women's wrestling. They just don't have footage of her dancing with Too Cool or whatever is actually important to them. 

• Like 3

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
On 3/13/2018 at 2:27 PM, Technico Support said:

Many thanks.  I had no idea about the Glamour Girls/Angels thing. 

Also, regarding the Wendi Richter part of the story.  It's funny how all the WWF/WWE women who ever stood up for themselves and knew their worth were always billed as difficult, arrogant, or just good old fashioned "bitches" and were rode out of town.  While the biggest, most difficult bitch ever gets to go down in history as "Mr. Wrestlemania."  Sure is something.  I'd be tempted to say there's a double standard there.

The timeline doesn't really line up for the JB Angels/Glamour Girls thing. The switch back to the Glamour Girls happened in June 1988 (on a countout, at that). That said, the JB Angels and Leilani Kai disappeared from WWF cards in mid-March 1988, so chances are Moolah cut them off before Mania. The June switch was likely just for AJW to get the WWF belts off the JB Angels.

There was a story that they did a tag title change in Japan that the office did not approve and Moolah stooged on them. So the WWF got rid of them all. 

Hawk had his own theory of why Vince put up with Shawn and threw everyone under the bus. 

Maybe the best idea would be for WWE to just begin referring to it as "the Women's Battle Royal" sans anyone's name, and quietly just not mention Moolah again. Change the trophy to a generic one and pretend like it was always that way.

• Like 1

All of you are thinking too hard as to who else they could use if not Moolah.

It should be named after Stephanie McMahon.  It is totally something she would kayfabe do and either a heel would get easy heat thanking trophy Steph all the time, or a face would get great heat smashing the darn thing.