DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Empowering Women - 3/12/2018

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Hagan said:

I think this is one of those year's that the Roman backlash is overstated. Is anyone stoked for the Big Dog to be celebrating underneath the fireworks again? Not particularly, but I think they're doing a good job with this unconventional build and I do think that Roman has established himself enough with match quality that fans aren't going to throw a hissy fit when him and Brock go twenty. 

I mean, Cena/UT and the Rousey Variety Hour are the actual main events but I'm gonna bet that Roman and Brock tear the house down and have that crowd pretty hot. 

7 minutes for that match. Tops. 

6 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

And Sting-Hunter was the longest match of the show at over 18.

With the exception of Taker/Shane at 32, HHH has had the longest match at ever Mania since HBK retired.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Casey said:

Many thanks.  I had no idea about the Glamour Girls/Angels thing. 

Also, regarding the Wendi Richter part of the story.  It's funny how all the WWF/WWE women who ever stood up for themselves and knew their worth were always billed as difficult, arrogant, or just good old fashioned "bitches" and were rode out of town.  While the biggest, most difficult bitch ever gets to go down in history as "Mr. Wrestlemania."  Sure is something.  I'd be tempted to say there's a double standard there.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Fabulous Moolah as female empowerment.  Well, I mean, she fucked enough women over, figuratively and literally, that I suppose she can serve as an example that a woman in power can be just as horrible as a man.  Kudos WWE!

I think the lie of Moolah has more power than the truth of her. 

I think they handled Braun winning well. It was not Triple H beating Murdoch and Cade at random. This seemed like a big deal. 

This feels like they know Braun is the guy and need a way to get him over at Mania, but the Geezer is set on Reigns. 

2 minutes ago, Victator said:

I think the lie of Moolah has more power than the truth of her. 

"You know, I'm glad I met you. Because now I can forget all about you. My Moolah is much more important and much more powerful."

last-temptation-stanton.jpg?1384968217

• Like 2

I will also say Moolah was a product of her environment. Look up Billy Wolf, she was in a world where you were predator or prey. It does not excuse the things she did. But I think it needs to be understood. That is if one insist on knowing the truth. 

Everyone's a product of their environment. I don't think Benoit kills people if he didn't have a ridiculous amount of head trauma, but he did, so he is persona non grata on WWE TV, and rightly so.

I mean if your point is that she gets a pass from people like Vince because he knows damn well that forcing wrestlers into indentured servitude was something promoters did and he doesn't really see anything wrong with it, ok.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Awwwwww, Anvil has had so much bad shit happen to them that they seriously do not deserve THAT of all things now

Elias doing an acoustic version of Don't Fear The Reaper with Braun coming in to do the cowbell solo using only Jim the Anvil Neidhart needs to happen.

You could get a pretty good sound out of him I suspect.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cristobal said:

Everyone's a product of their environment. I don't think Benoit kills people if he didn't have a ridiculous amount of head trauma, but he did, so he is persona non grata on WWE TV, and rightly so.

I mean if your point is that she gets a pass from people like Vince because he knows damn well that forcing wrestlers into indentured servitude was something promoters did and he doesn't really see anything wrong with it, ok.

No just that she decided she rather be predator than prey. 

I would like a June Beyer or Mildred Beyer memorial battle royal. But we know how they work. This is just more twitter out rage that leads to nothing. 

"Hard truths" of the past be damned. People aren't big fans of building idols for known predators. I'm fine with people expressing that. Enough people pitch a fit, maybe someone notices. 

If not Twitter, where? You point and I'll shoot. 

I expect the correct answer is probably getting on some sponsor's case. 

2 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

They seem hellbent on rehabilitating the image of Madusa these days. Why not her? (Aside from her being batshit crazy, fairly sure she's scoring an N/A on the pimping front).

Or there's another angle. The Charles Wright Invitational.

Sadly, a Godfather appearance in this wouldn't surprise me at all.