DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Empowering Women - 3/12/2018

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Ace said:

So does the winner of the Moolah Battle Royal get to pimp out the other women?

They get a midget slave.

1 hour ago, sydneybrown said:

The winner of the Moolah battle royal gets the same treatment as the Andre winner:  absolutely no push whatsoever...  So in a way, it's ironic.

EQUALITY!

• Like 2

Is there a reason WWE sticks to Moolah so much? I mean its terrible to use her for stuff like this just in general, but the timing is especially bad now.

I'm starting to think Sasha/Bayley isn't happening at WM with how slow they have been actually having it blow up. This close to WM there is no reason Bayley and Sasha shouldn't already be trying to kill each other each week.

The Alexa/Mickie/Asuka stuff wasn't bad. Dug the match. Asuka and Mickie seem to have good chemistry in general. I am glad things finally blew up with Nia and Alexa. I assuming the next 3 weeks is Alexa doing her damnedest to run away.

Cena was great tonight. Its amazing how much I'm looking forward to a match that will not remotely be as good as it should be because its about 9-10 years late. Hopefully Taker manages something better than his last few efforts.

The stuff wit Roman and Brock is kind of odd. Its good material to build off of, but it doesn't work as well as it should because of the damage Vince has done to Roman the last 3 years with the forced push. I feel like so many people would get better reactions out of it, but at the same time I feel like its the only thing that works sans going heel with Roman which they won't do for some inane reason.

Strowman going for the tag belts at WM feels off. Can't really say I'm super interested unless its someone like Big Show or Henry is his partner, and they become the forever tag champs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Is there a reason WWE sticks to Moolah so much? I mean its terrible to use her for stuff like this just in general, but the timing is especially bad now.

The noise against her to this point isn't so loud that it can't be ignored. Purveyors of justice need a larger soapbox. 

Commissioner Gordon needs to light the Bix Signal. 

• Like 2

I love that they actually explained why we could see/hear Alexa and Mickie backstage and that, like in any 80s movie where someone starts doing a rant live on t.v. that exposes the president as a murderer, Road Dogg was like "What the hell is she doing? Cut to Commerical!" and Kevin Dunne was like "Wait, wait,...let's see where she's going with this..."

6 minutes ago, piranesi said:

I love that they actually explained why we could see/hear Alexa and Mickie backstage and that, like in any 80s movie where someone starts doing a rant live on t.v. that exposes the president as a murderer, Road Dogg was like "What the hell is she doing? Cut to Commerical!" and Kevin Dunne was like "Wait, wait,...let's see where she's going with this..."

Yeah, that's what I was saying. They actually explained why it was being shot, mic'd, lit and broadcast.

It's all Charlie's fault for being late. 

Asuka/Mickie was good stuff even if it was shorter than Asuka's recent Raw matches, I thought Mickie looked great and one of her best performances in awhile. Random as it is, I like the Alexa/Mickie pairing a lot. Thought the whole post-match Nia stuff was completely ridiculous, like when does the tron ever air for an interview before the interviewer is ready or even there, but Alexa was excellent in all of her segments as usual. I do figure Nia will squash Alexa in a minute at Mania which makes me sad but is to be expected. Hated the main making the tag division look like shit, not that there were any interesting options for the Bar to face at Mania. The worst part was the Revival randomly stopping eliminating Braun just to eliminate Rhyno. Watching Photoshoot after, I wish Cornette could be paired with the Revival. Cena's promo was the highlight. Looking forward to The Ultimate Deletion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's clearly going to be Elias.

That is so brilliant.  I'd never thought of that!

4 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yeah, that's what I was saying. They actually explained why it was being shot, mic'd, lit and broadcast.

It's all Charlie's fault for being late. 

Public Enemy got beat up for changing things they were willing to do/acting like big men.  Strowman got fired for pulling down a lighting rig.  Reigns got suspended for disrespecting Vince  What's gonna happen to Charlie for not showing up on time to an interview?!

---

Man, the Alexa-Nia stuff was so perfect.  I figured it would be the standard: 'Nia loses to Asuka again, Bliss berates her, slaps her, Nia beats her up'.  But the whole 'mean girls mocking the outcast in the bad girls' bathroom behind her back' (Bliss and Mickey should have been smoking cigarettes, too!) vibe of this was a million times better.  I'm the biggest Bliss fan around (She's so damn entertaining!) but I was all into it going "Oh man, Nia needs to get her!" and that look Nia gave on the ramp followed by her tearing the locker-room apart was the best WWE acting she's done since she's been there.  I see people complaining about the fat-shaming, but Alexa's bad, so she would be like that.  Now, I'll take back all my praise if Alexa wins at WM, Nia needs to win convincingly.  But WWE and Alexa just made Nia the most popular female face, possibly in the company, in one night.  I think it was pretty great.

2 hours ago, Jamal said:

As much as I liked Bayley not putting up with Sasha’s shit, I’m not sure I like this passive agressive “I’ll walk you to the ring but won’t like it” version. Almost made me want Sasha to slap her and say “either you’re in or you’re out!”

Passive/Aggressive "I'll silently look at you all night in disgust but I won't actually leave you alone" is the most realistic female character they've done in a long time.

Ammirightguys???? Guys??????

guys?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I still don't understand why they can't figure out that Asuka only needs to work on three syllables and she can practice all week and Alexa could come out and talk and talk and all she needs to make are these three sounds:

you

me

now

crowd pops...Alexa stalls...blah blah blah....cash the checks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Passive/Aggressive "I'll silently look at you all night in disgust but I won't actually leave you alone" is the most realistic female character they've done in a long time.

Ammirightguys???? Guys??????

guys?

I agree. There's an appalling shortage of crazy chicks to dig. 

2 hours ago, Ace said:

So does the winner of the Moolah Battle Royal get to pimp out the other women?

That's just unfair to the WWE.

The winner ALSO gets to take 50% of the other women's payday for the night.

24 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

So I realized that by naming the Battle Royal after Moolah no one's bashing the company for inducting known bigot Kid Rock into their Hall of Fame.

To be fair, Kid Rock only CALLED HIMSELF the Pimp of the Nation or the Early Morning Stoned Pimp. He wasn't an actual pimp. 

• Like 2