DVDVR Message Board

2018 NCAAB: MADNESS

hammerva

40 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

So I assume Syracuse run ends when Duke kills them because of course Duke needs the easiest road to the F4 every year.  

Really only Dooook and Sparty could make the Cuse a Ricky Morton/Ricky Steamboat level babyface.

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

So I assume Syracuse run ends when Duke kills them because of course Duke needs the easiest road to the F4 every year.  

It is entirely realistic that the Kentucky road to the F4 is Davidson/Buffalo/UMBC/Loyola-Chicago. 

Duke is off the hook this year.

When I saw Nevada down by 20 to Cincinnati I put the game on mute and went about doing other things. I was apparently wrong in assuming it was all but over. We've had more first round upsets in recent years but this has to be the zaniest in terms of how badly the top seeds are doing.

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

UMBC played hard out there but the shots just weren't falling.   K-State looked real bad too.   I guess Kentucky will stomp them out quickly. 

One thing in the universe that depresses me greatly is that John Callipari always ends up being one step ahead of the hangman.

Loyola vs. Nevada was a great Sweet 16 game. Those twins on Nevada are beasts. I wish they made my TV set a lot more than they did this year. 

Loyola is somehow both the Cinderella team and the most aesthetically pleasing team to watch. They move the ball so well. They're a mid-major Spurs. 

I seriously can't believe it's either them of Kansas State (!) going to the Final Four. What world is this? K-State showed a lot of onions holding off Kentucky. 

Well,   I still know nothing.  I thought for sure K-State would be food.  But Kentucky and Coach Cal failed again in a big spot.  This whole bracket couldn't have played out any better for Cal.  All he had to do is win here and then he had Loyola-Chicago.  But you know what,  he'd probably have lost to them too.   What a con man he is.  His teams can never hit a FT.   He never has a play he can draw up for an easy basket.  All he has are immensely talented dudes who have to learn how to play organized ball AFTER they leave for the NBA.  

Oh and K-State lost their best player early on too.  Oh and K-State also was in more foul trouble than any other team in this tournament so far.   UK was at the line all night.  But why would that matter,  it's not like Cal coaches fundamentals.  

Good riddance. 

11 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Well,   I still know nothing.  I thought for sure K-State would be food.  But Kentucky and Coach Cal failed again in a big spot.  This whole bracket couldn't have played out any better for Cal.  All he had to do is win here and then he had Loyola-Chicago.  But you know what,  he'd probably have lost to them too.   What a con man he is.  His teams can never hit a FT.   He never has a play he can draw up for an easy basket.  All he has are immensely talented dudes who have to learn how to play organized ball AFTER they leave for the NBA.  

Oh and K-State lost their best player early on too.  Oh and K-State also was in more foul trouble than any other team in this tournament so far.   UK was at the line all night.  But why would that matter,  it's not like Cal coaches fundamentals.  

Good riddance. 

On the plus side, it's a bracket Kentucky doesn't have to vacate when the entirety of Calipari's career is subsumed by the collapse of the NCAA into a FIFA-like black hole.

• Like 1

Was surprised that of all the schools and the great talent in the Chicago area, Loyola is the ONLY team in the area to have won a title.   Illinois never won one although they were damn close one year.  Depaul (I think they are considered Chicago) had a small dynasty in the late 70's/early 80's and couldn't do it

By the way this new hot take from sports radio that seeing teams like Loyola and maybe Florida State in the Final Four is bad for business because people want to see the powerhouses when it matters is garbage.   It is like they want cinderella but only top notch ones like Butler or Gonzaga who had "stars" on their team