DVDVR Message Board

"I can't believe you like this" BATTLE

Lamp, broken circa 1988

Apparently I'm not supposed to like metal because I am a black person even though I have a gigantic Hip Hop folder on my laptop that is nearly five gigs and have no fear of my Hood Pass being revoked..

So yeah, I get the looks when this song comes up on my playlist when my phone is plugged into the aux port in my car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Sitting in the waiting room at the dentist's office right now, so I'll just say: Aqua. 

Yeah, there is a woman here at work that refuses to admit that she likes the songs Lovefool by The Cardigans and Barbie Girl by Aqua.

3 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Counting Crows (their first album anyway). I win.

And I lose.

Hell, in college I went to a concert that was them and Live co-headlining. I think I'd projectile vomit my intestines through my tear ducts if I had to relive that now.

I know the feeling.  I willingly went to a George Strait concert once.  In retrospect I fully support the attempt by the people around us to have my group's drunk asses thrown out.

4 hours ago, Robert C said:

I know the feeling.  I willingly went to a George Strait concert once.  In retrospect I fully support the attempt by the people around us to have my group's drunk asses thrown out.

I just dodged that bullet, my sister-in-law and Mr. Strait have been having a thing over the last year and it was getting dangerously close to "meet the family" time. Fortunately, she broke it off, didn't care for the fast-paced lifestyle. Now I can dig good country and Strait is far better than most, he's just so damn bland that I find it irritating. Give me Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Hank I, Hank III, (fuck a bunch of Hank jr.), Waylon & Willie, Townes van Zandt, George Jones, etc. anything but bland.

• Like 4

Trace Adkins is better than all of those you just mentioned.

Fight me.

I grew up in the 90s, in Tennessee, so stuff like Adkins, Garth Brooks, Vince Gill, Faith Hill, Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw, Travis Tritt, Shania Twain, etc are my bread and butter if I absolutely have to endulge in some country music. I like Johnny Cash, but the rest of those people you mentioned are super boring (or downright overrated - what’s up, Willie and all of the Hank Williams family).

One of my best friends defends Strait now and then (he also likes that weird looking English dude that does country and also acts, his name is escaping me). I, like John, am a straight Townes motherfucker. If you can't stand up to his level in country then I don't fuck with you. 

EDIT: Lyle Lovett! And he is definitely American (Texan, in fact), I just thought he was British for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...