DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2013-14: OFFSEASON THREAD

Dolfan in NYC

Alex Rodriguez stormed out of his own grievance hearing Wednesday after arbitrator Fredric Horowitz ruled that baseball commissioner Bud Selig did not have to testify before the embattled slugger's attorneys.

Rodriguez slammed his hand on a table at Major League Baseball's Manhattan Park Avenue offices and cursed at baseball COO Rob Manfred, a source with knowledge of the proceedings told ESPNNewYork.com.

"This is ridiculous!" Rodriguez is said to have shouted after Horowitz issued his ruling shortly before noon.

Rodriguez then pointed a finger at Manfred, who directed baseball's investigation into the Biogenesis clinic suspected of being a source of illegal PEDs for ballplayers, and said "You know you're full of s---!"

Rodriguez's attorneys, David Cornwell and Jordan Siev, remained in the hearing room and entered into the record that they believe the hearing is "an unfair process," according to a source. It was unclear whether the hearing will continue.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10005806/alex-rodriguez-new-york-yankees-walks-own-grievance-hearing-says-disgusted&ex_cid=sportscenter

Alex Rodriguez stormed out of his own grievance hearing Wednesday after arbitrator Fredric Horowitz ruled that baseball commissioner Bud Selig did not have to testify before the embattled slugger's attorneys.

Rodriguez slammed his hand on a table at Major League Baseball's Manhattan Park Avenue offices and cursed at baseball COO Rob Manfred, a source with knowledge of the proceedings told ESPNNewYork.com.

"This is ridiculous!" Rodriguez is said to have shouted after Horowitz issued his ruling shortly before noon.

Rodriguez then pointed a finger at Manfred, who directed baseball's investigation into the Biogenesis clinic suspected of being a source of illegal PEDs for ballplayers, and said "You know you're full of s---!"

Rodriguez's attorneys, David Cornwell and Jordan Siev, remained in the hearing room and entered into the record that they believe the hearing is "an unfair process," according to a source. It was unclear whether the hearing will continue.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10005806/alex-rodriguez-new-york-yankees-walks-own-grievance-hearing-says-disgusted&ex_cid=sportscenter

WOW. . .now its getting good. Isn't it amazing that Selig is the only guy to make most of us sympathize with AROID?

Cliff Cocoran tells us what we already knew, 1 year later:

The Blue Jays got a bunch of has beens and duds.

The Marlins got a bunch of kids who might be good.

http://mlb.si.com/2013/11/19/blue-jays-marlins-trade-jose-reyes-josh-johnson-mark-buehrle/?eref=sihp

tumblr_mw85r4Kwoo1qdlh1io1_r1_400.gif

Cliff Cocoran tells us what we already knew, 1 year later:

The Blue Jays got a bunch of has beens and duds.

The Marlins got a bunch of kids who might be good.

http://mlb.si.com/2013/11/19/blue-jays-marlins-trade-jose-reyes-josh-johnson-mark-buehrle/?eref=sihp

tumblr_mw85r4Kwoo1qdlh1io1_r1_400.gif

Really shitty timing though. . .  .(I mean the original trade)

I'm confused, who gets the better of that deal? I don't know anything about Kinsler in the field or if that outweighs his hitting stats compared to Prince.

I don't see how this can be anything but a win for Detroit. Kinsler may not be the offensive threat Fielder is but just getting out from under that idiotic contract is a huge gain. And yes, I know Kinsler isn't exactly underpaid but he has two fewer years and $8-12 million less per the years that do remain than fat boy.

Fielder is owed more than $100 million more than Kinsler...even if Detroit sends over something like $30 million, that's still edge: Tigers. Plus, it lets them move Cabrera back to first and end the charade of him as an every day third baseman.

WOW. . .now its getting good. Isn't it amazing that Selig is the only guy to make most of us sympathize with AROID?

Funny I was going to say it's amazing that A-Rod is the only idiot in baseball that can make people side with Selig.

Not a chance. I'm all in for A-Rod. I hope he mops the floor with baseball in court.

Funny I was going to say it's amazing that A-Rod is the only idiot in baseball that can make people side with Selig.

Not a chance. I'm all in for A-Rod. I hope he mops the floor with baseball in court.

To be honest I'm happy to say they sort of deserve each other, long may their marriage endure.

• Like 1