DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER - NEW ORLEANS - 4/7/2018

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, (BP) said:

I'd be all about Wrestlemania Sunday being a WWE interviewer marathon version of They Shoot Horses Don't They?

You ever look at NFL Network's schedule for SuperBowl Sunday?

I could totally see WWE doing that.

Almas is the best champ NXT ever had, and is an other worldly great heel. Black is a good wrestler, but he was completely the passenger on the Almas show tonight. That was an amazing performance.

Ciampa-Gargano was a fucking bonkers main event, and amazing. Gargano is a silly good talent, and Ciampa was with him every step. Amazing story telling. Nice seeing one of the big NXT rivalries actually getting a blowoff worth the build.

Adam Cole managed to be the worst guy in 2 different matches with 6 guys in it on the same show. That's an achievement. 

I fucking LOVED this show.

Roddy was tired of being the underdog and wanted to ride with the sure thing.  I don't think the rationale is THAT hard to figure out.  Shit, you all creamed yourselves when Ciammpa turned and that made even less sense.

I loved that Pete Dunne, a total asshole who hates everybody, actually let himself trust someone, and then he paid the price for it.  

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Adam Cole managed to be the worst guy in 2 different matches with 6 guys in it on the same show. That's an achievement. 

This was my first time seeing EC3 and I was so, so underwhelmed. Cole at least made me care for a bit with the superkick party.

My only downside I have in NXT is I give 0 shits about NXT's Bullet Club... thing. I thought O'Reilly was really good in the tag title match, but the next time I come away super impressed with Adam Cole will be hte first time.

The question is now... were the fuck does Gargano go? Like, my gut says Ciampa is going to take the belt of Black. But does Gargano have a logical feud to move to other then a call up?

Also, call up Almas right god damned now, and push him to the god damned moon.

Loved Ciampa's no-music entrance and loved the touch with Drake's different referee garb. Only small complaint is for that type of match I wish Ciampa/Gargano wore street clothes to make it seem even more different. Awesome match though and an A show overall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1